Volume Icon Missing
1. Open task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
2. In the Processes Tab, click to highlight “explorer.exe”
3. Then click “End Process” (desktop icons disappear)
4. Click on “File” “New Task (Run)”
5. In the Open box, type “start systray.exe”
6. Click OK
7. Again, click on “File” “New Task (Run)”
8. In the Open box, type “start explorer.exe”
9. Click OK again.
Everything comes back, including the Volume Icon.
Volume control program - SndVol32.exe Missing
1. Go into your Control Panel and open Folder Options.
2. Under the View tab uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)", click Apply/OK.
3. Now go into Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer) and go to C:\Windows\System32\dllcache folder and open it.
4. Locate the sndvol32.exe file right click it, choose copy.
5. Next go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and open it.
6. In the right pane right click an empty area and choose Paste.
Now you should have your volume icon back.