Ask a question Report

Computer won't turn off stuck on logging off page [Solved/Closed]

Alice - Latest answer on Oct 23, 2012 01:21PM
Hello,
I tried to turn my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop off yesterday and it stuck on the "logging off" page. If I hold down the power button, then it shuts down, but when I start it back up again, it just goes right back to the "logging off" page. I tried holding down F8 (to start in safe mode) right after turning it back on, but it just made a loud beeping sound and didn't do it. People with similar problems recommend stuff like virus scans and driver updates, but I can't do any of this because the computer won't start! (Even right now I am using a different computer.)
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Thanks!
Alice
Read more 
Answer
+198
moins plus
I figured it out on my own-- but anyway -- you must hold down the power off key for 10 seconds (2-3 seconds wont work- this puts in sleep mode) - after ten seconds release - it - then wait a minute then power on and windows should boot up fine=-- worked for mine.

B- Feb 11, 2012 10:48PM
Omg thanks soooo much
Szn- Feb 17, 2012 01:41AM
Thanx a lot.....it worked
Tinag6- Oct 17, 2012 06:02PM
Genius!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much.
Jo- Oct 17, 2012 06:28PM
Thank you!! I was sooo frustrated! It worked!!
Eug- Oct 23, 2012 01:21PM
OMG you are the best!!!!! I was getting super irritated
Answer
+55
moins plus
I have the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525 - Windows Vista Home Premium -

Yesterday when closing down the laptop the system had an automatic update to perform then went onto the logging off screen where it has remained. Powering on and off only returns it to the logging off screen where it remains. Any suggestions?

This document entitled « Computer won't turn off stuck on logging off page » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.