Backup sms on Android

Solved/Closed
Ozasi Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 13, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2011 - Mar 13, 2011 at 08:39 PM
lorrainethorne Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2014 - Mar 27, 2014 at 03:23 AM
Hello,

How can I backup SMS on android. I have the htc evo 4g. It is impossible to back up all of my sms (over 10k sms) so I can save them on my computer and restore them back to the phone when I flash a new rom? Any android sms backup app?

Thank you for help!
Related:

5 responses

Hi, I recommend an Android SMS Backup app called VeryAndroid SMS Backup. It is a smart andriod sms backup software that can copy and backup sms on Android phone to computer, and can also restore sms backup file to any android phone.

It can help you:
- Copy and backup sms from Anroid phone to computer.
- Restore sms from CSV to android phone any time.
- Transfer sms to android phones from other phones.
- View sms messages in threading mode on computer.

Info: http://www.veryandroid.com/sms-backup.html

You can go to the Market (on your Android) and search for it to try.
lorrainethorne Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2014 1
Mar 27, 2014 at 03:23 AM
If you have saved the information on your mobile phone SD card, you are lucky, you can get them back for SD card doesn't erase a file immediately once you deleted it. It just make vacant for subsequent file. Unless the space is overwritten by new data, your old deleted files like text message, contact number, etc. are still there and can be retrieved.
Ozasi Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 13, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 at 05:19 AM
Thank you Browno. The VeryAndroid SMS Backup program works well for my HTC.

Good job!
sharongreen222 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 at 04:35 AM
Hi! I highly recommend you to use a recovery tool to recover lost text messages from Android phone. 3 weeks ago, I mistakenly deleted an important sms from my phone, and I didn't have backup of this sms. I surfed on Internet to find way of text messages recovery for a long time, at last, I got a Android data recovery tool, the deleted text message was back, I was so happy, you can have a try!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Mar 14, 2011 at 09:23 AM
Hi,

Have required application downloaded with tutorials on link below:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/evo-sprint/downloads/

Good luck