Linksys wireless router not working

Closed
Runner - Mar 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Mar 10, 2011 at 01:49 PM
Hello,
I am having trouble getting my laptop computer to pick up my home wireless signal. It will pickk up every other wireless network in the area, just not mine. My mom's laptop and sister's iPod and my cell phone can all find our wireless network, just not my laptop. It has worked for the last 9 months or so but recently stopped.
I have tried unplugging our network modem and the router itself. I checked all the wireless settings online using the IP address. I have reset the factory default settings on the router as well as just plain old holding the reset button on the bottom of the router. Nothing seems to be working. Obviously the router is working if everything else is picking it up but I can't seem to figure out why my laptop isn't.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 10, 2011 at 01:49 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on Start --> In search box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. "Device Manager" will be opened.
Check if there is any yellow mark. If it's there then reinstall the drivers.
Try disabling the Windows firewall \ antivirus temporary.
Good Luck