Ask a question Report

How to unblock my hotmail account? Urgent [Solved/Closed]

helpless - Latest answer on Jun 3, 2011 12:56AM
hi:
my hotmail account is blocked this morning. i was able to change my password manually as i remember my security question. however, even though i have changed my password after i login is still blocked requiring me to send a verification code to an alternative email address which i have no longer have access on it?
How should i solve this problem immediately as all my client's contact are in there and i need to work with the email account!
Your kind attention is highly appreciated.
Read more 
Answer
+172
moins plus
@Lulzim

As I mentioned, there is presently an epidemic of hacked Hotmail accounts, it's getting really crazy, there are hundreds if not thousands daily. What you read on this forum is just the peak of the iceberg.

Some users have reported getting an answer in 24 hours and other up to a week or two, it all depends how busy the Hotmail servers are with all these demands.

I suggest to all those who have not had their account hacked to backup their data, like presto, vite, now!

Regards

Answer
+99
moins plus
this is the message which i required to click CONTINUE and the next and only option is that they would have to send a verification code to an email address which i have no longer have access to it. Please help!

Your account has been blocked
Why are you seeing this?
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back.
What do you need to do?
We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password in case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way.
We've cleaned your account settings
Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had

Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - Mar 10, 2011 05:51AM
Desmond,

Nobody will help you, you must do it yourself.

My instructions are very clear and that the only way you can get your account back. Because there thousands of people getting their account back in the last few days, it may take up to a week for Hotmail to reply, so have reported other users on this forum.

Good luck
Desmond- Mar 11, 2011 12:48AM
Ambucias,

I followed you instructions to create a forum from msn. at the end i got the pin number for login the forum. it said the pin is incorrect and not data found. i did it again again . the message still coming. i can't even see the forum. I am very sad. any way can help me ?

Desmond
Answer
+45
moins plus
Im having the same problem. When try to log in, account is blocked. Asks me to choose where to send a verification code to, however only gives me the option to send it to my old works email address which is no longer in existence. Does not allow me to change where to send it to. Therefore I am stuck.

@Ambucias - followed your link, it does not give me any of the options to provide the information of which you state. I will willingly provide it, but I am not offered the opportunity to.

Frustrating.

Any help appreciated.

Answer
+22
moins plus
Dear Helpless,

If you have not used your business account to send spams, follow the procedure below.

I suspect that your account has been hacked and that perhaps the above message is not legitimate.

If you follow the hereunder procedure, you must be patient, many users have reported that they received a reply only after 7 days as this Hotmail hacking has become epidemic. Everyday on this forum, there many request for help concerning blocked accounts which have actually been hacked.

Good luck

If your MSN/Hotmail Account has been hacked!

If your MSN Account has been hacked, go to MSN email support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts&scrx=1

you need to follow the password reset link and when it comes to the three options of how you want to change your password click on the last one, customer support and then fill out the form!

You have to give all informations about your problem and about your identity:
* Your e-mail (the "Windows Live ID").
* Your first name and full name.
* Your date of birth (month / day / year).
* Your country.
* The state, province or department in which you reside.
* Your zip code.
* The IP address of each computer used to access your account, or the most commonly used. To find your IP address, visit : http://www.monip.org/
* The answer to your secret question (if you don't remember it, notify it).
* Emergency address email registered for this account (if no emergency address, notify it).
* Your Internet service provider (at work or at home).
* The date and approximate time of your last login.
* The information below:
o For Windows Live Hotmail user :
? Examples of files names which you created in addition to those existing by defect
? Examples of contacts contained in your address book.
? Examples of old email titles contained in your inbox folders or messages.
o For Windows Live Messenger user :
? Examples of contacts contained in your contact list.
? The nickname under which you appear on Windows Live Messenger.
VERY IMPORTANT ! Write your request in a clear and understandable English, avoiding the SMS language, spelling and abbreviations !

? Remember this is the only way you can expect to recover your account!

Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - Apr 14, 2011 03:57PM
Z
Your system is vulnerable to hackers and your security is leaky. Hackers now know where you are.
I suggest that you improve your security and also go through all the steps to recover your account again. To receive Hotmail's communication, use an alternate e-mail account, either from your Internet Service provider or open a GMail account.

There is presently an epidemic of Hotmail hacking, by the hundreds.

Good luck
craig- May 7, 2011 10:15PM
yes i have just been hacked too. Have done all the security questions but can some one tell me how long the response takes as I am studying on line and now cant access the info from my hotmail PLEASE HELP
Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - May 8, 2011 05:51AM
Craig

As I told you on another thread, because of the great numbers and request being handled individually, many users have reported that they received an answer in 7 to 14 days. However, if this epidemic continues, who knows how long it will take.
Azz- May 10, 2011 09:23AM
Ambucias many thanks for helping with this, I have been stuck for ages as the windows live help system is very unclear and you end up going in circles! You say to go on to recovery then to another page and onto page 2 or 3 of this is where the form is to apply for recovery. However, I cannot find the titles you refer to, I have clicked on account recovery and security but can't find the pages that explain why accounts get blocked (point 2 on your post of March 11). Please could you give me the exact titles that I need to click on?

Thank you for your help
Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - May 10, 2011 04:33PM
@Azz,
Excellent question! It's not easy to navigate through this MSN/Hotmail maze where it's impossible to in touch any human being. I hope the followinf will help you, if not let me know.

here is the text taken from Hotmail/MSN site on how to recover your account:

Somebody stole your password to send spam. We temporarily block the accounts compromised to help you you and your contacts, and then let us help you to recover your account.

The fastest means to recover your account is to change your password. Then you will want certainly to ensure you that the person at the origin of this incident did not change the data of your account, which would enable him to take again at once the control of your account.

Here the steps which you should follow:

1. Can you always connect you? If you can,change your password. For this follow our steps to modify your password.

http://windowslivehelp.com/...

2. Were asked to give your cell phone number after connected? At the time of connection, it is possible indeed that we ask for a telephone number in order to send you a message text containing to you a secret code. This is intended to prevent the spammers from using your account.

3. If you do not manage to connect you, try to redefine your password. http://windowslivehelp.com/...

During the process of validation it to you will be asked key information on your account Windows Live that you only you will be able to provide us. This enables us to check that you are the rightful owner of the account. The criteria of requirement intended to protect you are very strict, consequently you must give us as much information as possible and details for each question. It is possible that you need to request from some your friends and contacts to ask for confirmation of subject of received emails or addresses email of contacts. The more information, the more we will be able to validate your account and thus to help you to recover the access on your account.

If for a different reason you can't connect you for a different reason, see information on this subject on the page relating to connection problems of connection:

http://windowslivehelp.com/...

There is no other way to recover your account and no other way to contact Hormail.

Look at this thread proving that the solution provided works:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-539377-how-to-unblock-my-hotmail-account#4
Answer
+16
moins plus
I supplied plenty of information for them and they wanted more. I suggest people follow the other poster's suggestion and use gmail.

It's ridiculous that MSN would screw people like this!

Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - May 11, 2011 04:22AM
@ azz

https://account.live.com/password/reset
Going in circles- May 11, 2011 03:01PM
I don't understand this at all!!!! That link Ambucias is just to change your password, I do that and it just goes round in circles and tells me I can't log on because my account has been hacked and they will send me a verification code to my old email address (OLD email, so it is no longer active!) My life is on that account and I have no idea where to go with this now!!
Going in circles- May 11, 2011 03:22PM
AZZ: ok i have done it, you need to follow the password reset link that Ambucias sent and when it comes to the three options of how you want to change your password click on the last one, customer support and then fill out the form!
Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - May 11, 2011 04:39PM
@Going in circles

Thank you
Azz- May 13, 2011 03:24AM
Cheers Going in circles got there in the end lol Microsoft make everything so long winded and difficult!
Answer
+12
moins plus
if my account has been hacked, how come i can still change my password manually?

Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - Mar 11, 2011 03:46PM
Desmond,

Yes other users have recovered their account but because of the great number of hackers and the huge number of accounts being hacked, it took at least a week to get a reply.

If you need an alternate e-mail I suggest you open an account with GMail.

Good luck with your scholarship
Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - Mar 11, 2011 03:48PM
Desmond,

Here is an example of a user who got his acccount back in less than a week, as matter of a fact it happened today

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-537441-help-please-my-hotmail-has-been-blocked#4
Hopeless- Apr 17, 2011 12:38PM
hotmail is crazy with this blocking action implemented! I supplied personal information they still not satisfied! Who on the earth will remember exactly what they had entered years ago ?He blocks account only after we got hacked for weeks, if the intention of blocking is to secure our information it was stupid as few weeks time is more than enough for hacker to steal all information! So by blocking, they helped us nothing but added more trouble to us! Really frustrated!We use it for private purpose mostly don't have valuable information for hackers to get but have IMPORTANT?documents like college works and office works!!YOU SCREWED IT ALL FOR NOTHING MAN!!
pissed- May 11, 2011 12:52AM
hey ambucias... YOUR ANSWER DOESN"T WORK WHEN YOU CAN"T STAY LOGGED INTO MSN why don't you get that this isn't helpful. stop answering everyones question and let someone that HAS the answer say something

GHEESH this DOESN"T WORK
Ambucias 20545Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 17, 2015Last seen - May 11, 2011 03:57AM
You must be pissed!

It works and here is the proof

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-537441-help-please-my-hotmail-has-been-blocked#4
Answer
+10
moins plus
@Johnny,

Read what Going in Circles wrote:

ok i have done it, you need to follow the password reset link that Ambucias sent and when it comes to the three options of how you want to change your password click on the last one, customer support and then fill out the form!

I also think you can have the message sent to another e-mail, like if you open a GMail account.

Keep in mind that because of the volume of hacked accounts, Hotmail is very slow in responding. I am inclined to believe that Hotmail is experiencing a weakness in security.

Good luck

belloper8r- Jun 3, 2011 12:56AM
Security Weakness indeed!!!
Answer
+10
moins plus
hi Ambucias . my account is blocked , i try Password Recovery and now im waiting for reply . do you know how many days i must wait ? they said i will get reply within 24H but this didnt happen .

THANK YOU DOR YOUR TIME

This document entitled « How to unblock my hotmail account? Urgent » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.