Standard usb host controller problem

Closed
alittlehelp - Mar 5, 2011 at 12:25 AM
SamuelRobbo Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2011 - Mar 5, 2011 at 07:05 AM
Hello,
i have a dell waio with windows 7. Recently my mouse quits working randomly and wont work again. i keep getting the same error one or more of the devices connected to the computer have reported problems and has stopped working. when this first happened. i bought a new mouse and the problem was fixed. then it happened 2 days later, so i bought another mouse and didnt happen for over a month. but now, it wont even let me use a brand new mouse. and the usb device not recogonized error keeps popping up over and over, i delete the unknown device and it comes back . it says the device is a standard usb host controller. the weird thing in my opinion is, anything else will work fine in the usb drive i.e. external or mp3 player. i havent been able to find any windows 7 usb drivers to see if that will work. any help will be appreciated

Related:

1 response

SamuelRobbo Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2011 1
Mar 5, 2011 at 07:05 AM
From my knowledge it could be a broken driver.(I have had this before) Try finding out your driver name and updating it at a computer store or an even easier thing to do is to take your computer in and see what the technicians say. Either that or it may be a virus that has effected your mouses driver so it doesnt run correctly. I have tried to help at my best and this is all i know from what you have said. Hope this helps you in the future.