Hotmail account blocked

Solved/Closed
rooky7 - Feb 25, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 6, 2011 at 03:50 PM
Hello,

my hotmail account is blocked because someone was sending lot of junk mails from my account to all of my contacts. When I'm trying to use Hotmail support for receiving verification code to reset and activate my account, it is sending the code to an account that I've not used for years and it's not even being recognized now by Hotmail. Tried a lot, but did get any way to solve the problem; I've no idea how to recover my blocked account, your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Related:

3 responses

Mattie Posts 26 Registration date Friday July 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2011 12
Feb 25, 2011 at 01:01 AM
Well, change the password and you should be fine?
It it does not work, try it again in 24 hours- also clear your cookies and ie temp cache- in case it was someone on your computer
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 26, 2011 at 06:15 AM
@Mattie

Hello Mattie,

If you permit my intrusion. Rooky said that his account is blocked because someone hacked it. If the account is blocked how can you expect him to change the password.

What Rooky must do is recover the hacked account first.

Here is the way:

If your MSN/Hotmail Account has been hacked!

If your MSN Account has been hacked, go to MSN email support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts&scrx=1

You have to give all informations about your problem and about your identity:
* Your e-mail (the "Windows Live ID").
* Your first name and full name.
* Your date of birth (month / day / year).
* Your country.
* The state, province or department in which you reside.
* Your zip code.
* The IP address of each computer used to access your account, or the most commonly used. To find your IP address, visit : http://www.monip.org/
* The answer to your secret question (if you don't remember it, notify it).
* Emergency address email registered for this account (if no emergency address, notify it).
* Your Internet service provider (at work or at home).
* The date and approximate time of your last login.
* The information below:
o For Windows Live Hotmail user :
? Examples of files names which you created in addition to those existing by defect
? Examples of contacts contained in your address book.
? Examples of old email titles contained in your inbox folders or messages.
o For Windows Live Messenger user :
? Examples of contacts contained in your contact list.
? The nickname under which you appear on Windows Live Messenger.
VERY IMPORTANT ! Write your request in a clear and understandable English, avoiding the SMS language, spelling and abbreviations !

Rooky, remember this is the only way you can expect to recover your account!
Hi, I did this for my blocked account two days ago, do you know how long it takes before they either reply or recover my account? Thanks, I'm really worried about losing it.
i have the same problem and i did all that and it still never got fixed.so please someoene else have another solution thanks
I meet the same issue too.. i was waitiing for moderator for reply... But its been 2 days...
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 16, 2011 at 03:56 PM
There are thousands being hacked, it could take up to a week.
and me too what we can do i lost all emails
Mar 2, 2011 at 05:27 AM
Chanelle and K,

We must keep in mind that there are several millions of people who have a hotmail account. Out of that number, there hundreds of thousands who:

1. Forgot their Id
2. Forgot their password
3. Forgot their password and secret question
4. account has been blocked for spamming
5. account has been hacked

In the case of blocked and hacked accounts, most request are treated individually by real people, so it takes time.

If you go the link I gave you and search the different options to recover your account, you will find a link to open a private forum with a Hotmail assistant. Unfortunately, I cannot give you the exact page as the url link differs from one country to another.

Regards
Hi, they got back to me within the week and were able to validate my account. thanks for the help. For all others with the same problem, just persevere and they will help in the end.
Mar 3, 2011 at 06:11 AM
Hello Chanelle

Bravo! Thank you ever so much for your feedback, you're sweet!
dear i am facing the same problem.. my email account blocked.. i gothrough the page and submit all required field two days before.. how long it take to release my account.. please help
Mar 10, 2011 at 04:08 PM
Moosa,

Looks like Hotmail individual accounts are presently under masive attack by hackers and they are having fun. Many users have reported one week before a reply. If you need an alternate, use GMail.
I tried the feedback with the msn assistant but they would not give me access to my account. The problem is that i cannot remember the answer to the secret question. All the other information i provided is correct, but i can understand that this one should definetely be correct. As a result my account is blocked now!It's a pitty cause i ve been using this email account since 2005. Do you guys know if there is a way i can restore my hotmail/ msn contacts and if i can use msn with a gmail account?