Restoring toshiba c655d-s5130 windows 7

Solved/Closed
lindy - Feb 24, 2011 at 05:12 AM
 Ghufran Ataie - May 19, 2013 at 09:17 AM
Hello,

i bought a couple of weeks ago a toshiba c655d-s5130 windows 7 lap top and now found one almost 200.00 cheaper so I am going to return it but need to restore it to when I bought it without my personal info and pictures on it???? can you please help me??????????????/ thanks so much , sincerely, p.s. what are scripts????
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 26, 2011 at 04:54 AM
Hello Linda,

I don't think your dumb! I don't know about algebra and I'm not interested about knowing about it, yet I score an IQ of 132.

So here is the way to restore your soon to be ex laptop and return it like brand spanking new to Walt Mart. You should have plenty of time to restore and return it before closing.

Good luck

Toshiba laptops from mid 2007 onwards dont have a recovery disc supplied with a purchase of a laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains the same files on a recovery cd / dvd.

To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps.

ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.

1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.

Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.

2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.

3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.

4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.

5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.

6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.

7) Click Next to Start recovery.
I sincerely want to thank you and say I don't know where your from but I wish it was in mn because everytime I even attempt to use web its soooooooo much trouble that you made it easy for once and maybe if you were in mn I could teach you some algebra and you could really enlighting me with your knowledge of this crazy internet stuff and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god bless you and thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 27, 2011 at 04:20 AM
Dear Linda,

You are totally welcome, it was my pleasure.

P.S. Minissota for algebra? I would rather visit, thank you. If you were in Quebec, I would teach you more internet stuff.
Ghufran Ataie
May 19, 2013 at 09:17 AM
thank you boss
Feb 24, 2011 at 04:24 PM
What I meant is, when you purchased the computer, was Windows installed by Toshiba or buy the store where you purchased it from.

Also, I would like to know if you were given the Windows Cd's.

Please be nice, I not paid for this, I'm a volunteer like everyone else on this forum
Very sorry if you thought I was rude. I really meant it I am retarted when it comes to computers so I wrote that laughing at how dumb I am about this. sorry sorry sorry I was not given a disc with it and I purchased it from walmart. I assume toshiba installed it. thank you <see it took me how long just to locate your response???>
Feb 24, 2011 at 06:23 AM
Hello,

Was your Windows 7 OEM?
i don't know how can you tell. I am very computer illiterate so you will have to really explain things . I guess for always being the smart girl i'/m pretty retarted now!!!!!!!!!!! I swore I would never have a computer because I hate them and now here I am retarted as herll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how can I tell kinda retarted when it comes to knowing computers new at this have no idea what oem is or how can I tell??