Ask a question Report

Missing PCI Flash Memory Driver [Solved/Closed]

Cloyce - Latest answer on Jan 4, 2013 06:59PM
Hello,
I just finished a complete reistallation of windows vista on my Acer Aspire 5100 and under device manager it says I am missing the PCI Flash Memory Driver. I tried to automatically update it and manually find one with no luck. Acer has to have better support for thier products someday. Please help me?
Read more 
Answer
+37
moins plus
The answer to this issue is the card reader driver. I found it by going to http://us.acer.com/support then enter your Acer model name eg: aspire > model # eg: 5610> then make sure you enter the proper OS in the dropdown. you will also find most other drivers there as well and as of 7-17-09 its free. i attatched the link So Let me know if this helps.
Good luck!
VegasVinMan

Brett- Sep 13, 2010 06:50PM
Acer does not offer the driver for Windows 7 for the Aspire 5100.
lati- Jan 4, 2013 06:59PM
thank u , yes it was about card reader. problem solved
Answer
+14
moins plus
my PCI Flash Memory is out of date, i want to download.

Answer
+7
moins plus
install the cardbus ene found in acer.com, find the specific laptop and install it, and it should be working now...

Answer
+3
moins plus
Usually the Tools and the Utilities CD should be delivered with your notebook.
On this CD you will find all necessary drivers for Windows Vista.
If you install the drivers so you have to do it in the right order.
Very important is the installation of the chipset utility. This must be done at first.
Additionally you need the cardbus driver for your PCMCIA CardBus controller.
Check it.

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/noteboo...e_5100/driver/ I wound suggest you try some drivers like the chipset one to start with

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/noteboo...0Ver.8.251.zip

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/noteboo....0615.2006.zip realtek lan drivers

Answer
+2
moins plus
I solved the issue by installing card related driver. I was having a USB problem. I had thought that would have solved it. But it did not.

As soon as I plug my USB to Aspire 5100 screen keyboard mouse everything gets stuck/frozen.

But this driver did not solve it

Good luck to you

And to me :)

LUKASZ- Jul 2, 2010 11:37PM
for pci flash driver is missing one very simple solution-download from the manufacturer's card reader driver, extract it, then install this driver contains a pci flash driver I did and it works even under VISTA 7
Answer
+2
moins plus
Open device manager and double click on the first pci flash memory and click on driver and then click on update driver and click on search online for it. I had the same problem and it found the drivers and installed automatically.

M.K- Feb 25, 2010 11:34AM
when i set it to seach online then it say that i have to go to acer.com and download the driver but the driver is not on the website :@ and i got a computer that is not or sale with windows 7 so they is no buttom with win 7 on??? what shall i do when i can't find the driver
Leisky- Mar 4, 2010 04:06AM
http://www.acer.co.uk/...
Go to the above link then select; Notebook > Aspire > 5100 > XP, Vista.
Below these boxes are some drop down menus, on the last option "Latest" is selected, change this to "All"
From there it is the "ENE Card Bus Driver"
This document entitled « Missing PCI Flash Memory Driver » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.