Ask a question Report

HP pen drive not recognized [Solved/Closed]

air - Latest answer on Oct 9, 2012 04:06AM
Hello, my hp 8gb pendrive (v165w) is not recognised by any laptop/ desktop pls help me.........
Read more 
Answer
+46
moins plus
After plugging in the device. Go to device manager (In run type "devmgmt.msc") In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers" It should list the storage devices that you have connected to your PC. Right click and then click "Uninstall. Remove the USB drive and restart your system.
Try connecting the device again, i think this should solve the problem.

rv- Oct 8, 2012 09:10PM
in device manager where should i type that command. and i could nt see run ..plz help me
Ambucias 20063Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 25, 2015Last seen - Oct 9, 2012 04:06AM
@rv
Click on start, then on run, then type the command.
Answer
+9
moins plus
Hello Ambucias ,

Ok.....

Another 8GB Transcend pen drive having problem,descrption of problem as below.

1,When i connect to any PC--Light is glowing
2,After few seconds"USB is not recognized" this error message given by all PC where i had tried to connect it amd blinking of light stops.

Troubleshooting what i have done is:

1.USB power management and unchecked for all USB ports and result not obtained so i reverted USB setting back.

2.Uninstalled USB port driver and restared computer and no result.

i raised case at customer support of Transcend but they provided me Jet Falsh tool 1.o but it detect Pen drive which are detected to PC.
Here my Pen drive is not detecting so no use of that tool...

any how i have to recover my pen drive ....

Pls help

Ambucias 20063Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 25, 2015Last seen - Feb 3, 2011 04:11PM
Please try to connect to another computer and let me know.
Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi,
I have connected to another computer but same error message "USB is not recognized" is comming.

Pls solve the issue

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hello Sheetu,

Since you pen is not recognized by another computer, I am awfully sorry but your pendrive is damaged beyond repair.

This type of damage occurs when the pendrive is removed from the usb before the drive is completely closed or removing the pen quicky in a angle move.

Paul- Feb 6, 2012 10:15PM
Man.. I am facing the same problem with one of my HP Pen drive.. can the data be recovered by any chance?? please help
Ambucias 20063Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 25, 2015Last seen - Feb 7, 2012 04:14AM
@Paul

The pen can't be read so the data can't be recovered. Sorry.
Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi

Although you did format it, I would attempt to format it again, but this time please use this free format tool:

http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-127-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool

Answer
+1
moins plus
@ ambucias :
Same problem with my Transcen USB. I tried on many laptops and desktop, unfortunately its been detected. Will u help in solving the issue

Answer
+1
moins plus
@peace lover

Try this 1.

Click on the below link and try "JetFlash Online Recovery"

http://www.transcendusa.com/products/online_recovery.asp

Follow the step by step instructions.

Good Luck.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi,still its not detected.

Pls help

Ambucias 20063Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 25, 2015Last seen - Feb 2, 2011 04:40PM
Hello Sheetu,

There is no other solution. You pendrive has been damaged, perhaps through removing it from the USB improperly.

Sorry
Answer
+0
moins plus
Thanks a lot for your valuable comments.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hello Ambucias,
1.My Transcend pen drive of 32GB which has data transfer rate of 205KB only
2.When i copying something then its showing in to it but as soon as i removing from system and reconnecting then there is nothing in pen drive.
3.I have formatted pen drive but still no change is observed
4.I think there is software(Flash DIIII) installed which only showing 32GB

Pls provide solution to bring to its original size and to resolve such low data trasfer rste

Ambucias 20063Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 25, 2015Last seen - Feb 23, 2011 04:12PM
Try this 1.
Click on the below link and try Jet Flash online recovery.
http://www.transcendusa.com/products/online_recovery.asp
Note : Read the instructions and click on "JetFlash Online Recovery (for Windows 2000 SP4/ XP SP2) " to download the file.
Good Luck.
This document entitled « HP pen drive not recognized » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.