Computer screen goes black after startwindows

Closed
Amberlouise - Jan 25, 2011 at 02:20 AM
Noodle2u Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2011 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Hello,

My computer loads normally but after it says starting windows the screen goes black. It doesn't work in safe mode either. What do I do? I have an acer windows 7. Please help!

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Jan 25, 2011 at 03:55 AM
Hello,

Follow these instructions:

1) Restart your PC

2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear

3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)

4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously

5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager

6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab

7) Next Click New Task

8) Now enter the command:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"

Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.

9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process

10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.

11) Now restart your PC.

Good Luck.

Regards!
I keep seeing this solution - but how are you supposed to do this when the screen is black??? I don't see anything but a black screen and a cursor! If I could cntl-alt-delete, I would already be in my OS
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 4, 2011 at 04:52 PM
Press the Windows key to see if you can get to command prompt and run explorer.exe. If you can't Please boot pressing F10 for recovery
mr_funkybrown
Feb 4, 2011 at 07:08 PM
I have this same problem. I get to the login screen, after logging in, it goes black with just a cursor. I keep seeing the above 'fix' everywhere as well, but it is not the same thing. pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing.
Doesn't work in any of the Safe-Modes' either.
Anonymous User
Feb 5, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Hello,
This method works but it goes without saying that you will do it blindly because after the login screen you have the black screen.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 5, 2011 at 03:49 PM
I don't think that F10 is done on a black screen but with options on a black background
Noodle2u Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Hi there

If you cannot get into safe mode to do a system restore I would get my Operating system cd out and try repairing Windows with that. There are a few options on the cd...One is the restore option.

Also I highly recommend people have a boot cd or a repair cd handy for these unexpected errors. It saves alot of trouble and stress.

If these solutions do not work for you here are some more ideas:
http://tips4pc.com/computer-problems/black-screen-in-windows-troubleshooting-computer-tips.htm