Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Computer screen goes black after startwindows

Amberlouise - Latest answer on Jul 21, 2011 10:23PM
Hello,
My computer loads normally but after it says starting windows the screen goes black. It doesn't work in safe mode either. What do I do? I have an acer windows 7. Please help!
Read more 
Answer
+1
moins plus
Hello,

Follow these instructions:

1) Restart your PC

2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear

3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)

4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously

5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager

6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab

7) Next Click New Task

8) Now enter the command:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"

Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.

9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process

10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.

11) Now restart your PC.

Good Luck.

Regards!
yvonneuk- Feb 27, 2011 11:32AM
didnt work for me
yvonneuk- Feb 27, 2011 11:35AM
my computer had a trojan and seemed to be working ok, then i switched it on today starts to load up with the window xp (btw) my computer is only 2 months old.logo and then goes black, can't load any disks to reformat it, i have tried safe mode and nothing it all starts to load but that it, any ideas as to what to do
yvonneuk- Feb 27, 2011 11:37AM
i tried the alt control delete thing and it just kept going crazy wouldnt bring the task manager up
bionik 4531Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration date January 18, 2015Last seen - Feb 27, 2011 01:10PM
Hello,

Try this:

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

2) Select "Safe Mode"

3) Go to Control Panel -> Backup and Restore -> Recover system settings or your computer -> Open System Restore -> follow the wizard to restore the system to the state before the issue occurred

Regards!
Jordanpa- Jul 21, 2011 12:43PM
Hi my computer was doing the same thing, I pressed f8 and clicked safe mode, but I still have the black screen in safe mode. Please help! I have trend micro virus protection, that have obviously failed for me again, as I have had this problem before and I paid $200 to get it fixed, but it looks like maybe a new laptop would be best.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi there

If you cannot get into safe mode to do a system restore I would get my Operating system cd out and try repairing Windows with that. There are a few options on the cd...One is the restore option.

Also I highly recommend people have a boot cd or a repair cd handy for these unexpected errors. It saves alot of trouble and stress.

If these solutions do not work for you here are some more ideas:
http://tips4pc.com/articles/computer%20troubleshooting/black-screen-in-windows-troubleshooting-computer-tips.htm
Add comment
This document entitled « Computer screen goes black after startwindows » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.