No audio output device installed?????

Solved/Closed
mscherie - Jan 9, 2011 at 07:37 PM
 rats - Apr 3, 2013 at 06:09 AM
Hello,

I think I accidentally erased my sound.There is nothing under sound when I go to the control panel. It says no audio output device is installed. Please what can I do to get my sound back??? I need my sound for when my kids and I talk to their dad via web cam while he is in Iraq. Thanks in advance!!
Related:

4 responses

Mayzer Posts 13 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 20, 2011 1
Jan 9, 2011 at 08:16 PM
hi there,
by the sounds you have uninstalled your audio device driver or have selected the wrong audio device.
my best bet would be driver so I will work with the information I have.
firstly to determine it's the driver do as follows.
1. click start
2. right-click on computer
3. click properties
5. click device manager
check for any unrecognized devices (usually have a yellow asterisk next to them, and are listed under other devices)

if this is the case. go to your computers manufacturers site. search under support for drivers, and select your model. under audio should be a driver for your computers device. download and install it.

if this is not the case could you provide some extra information to help me determine the problem. such as computer brand, device name etc.
wait for your reply :)
Fixed audio device
Mar 30, 2011 at 02:39 AM
Hello,
I was having trouble with my computer. My daughter somehow erased my entire audio device! I tried everything and this is what worked for me!
I went to:
-Start
-Control Panel
-Hardware and Sound
-Device Manager
-High Definition Audio Controller
-And double clicked on High Def. Audio Controller
-A box pops open for High Def. Audio Controller Properties.
-You will see a few tabs and you want to click on the "Driver" tab
-You will see a "Update Driver" button, click on that.
-Click "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
-It will say Model and under it High Definition Audio controller
-Click Next
-And it will install

This was the only thing that actually worked for me. Hope it works for you too! Good luck!