Speed up mobile internet

Closed
sushanth.s - Jan 3, 2011 at 09:51 AM
 maddy - Aug 19, 2012 at 09:50 AM
Hello,
I would like to know if their is any one out there that can help me please I am using a nokia 3600s as the modem for my internet connected to the GPRS software on the computer for my internet.Can I get some help to speed up my internet please any one help me please.Its a life and death situation help me please.

Related:

4 responses

Hi,though it is depended on network provider we can improve our browsing capacity using worlds fastest browser mozilla firefox,there are some tips to improve your internet speed.

1.Type "about:config" in the address bar of your firefox browser and press enter.
2You will see a warning.Click on " I'll be care full,i promise! ".This will allow you to edit the settings.
3.Look for "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests " .
4.Now right click on this and click on modify.
5.Change this number to something like 15-30.This will increase your number of simultaneous connection in firefox browser.
6.Now Right click in blank space and click on new->integer.
7.Name it as "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to " 0 ".This is the waiting time that firefox takes to act on the data before processing.
8.Now search for "network.dns.disableIPv6" and set this to true.This will help you stop the delay which occurs when to an ipv6 capable dns server an ipv4 address is given instead of the requested ipv6 address.
9. Content Interrupt Parsing:-This option controls whether firefox should interrupt rendering of a page in order to respond to Ui events.By default this option is not present and it needs to be created in the " about:config " window.
* Right click in free space.Select new->Boolean.
* Name it as " content.interrupt.parsing ".
* Now press enter and select its value to " true ".
These tricks has been tested by a lot of people and they have reported a decent amount of increase in the Internet speed of their firefox browser.
thnx... I will try this one
Blocked Profile
Jan 6, 2011 at 01:30 PM
Hello,

This entirely depends on your network provider and you should see whether you can obtain a faster package from them. Otherwise, you should opt to change your service provider to a better efficient one.

Thanks.
venmalathy Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday August 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2011 9
Aug 9, 2011 at 08:27 PM
Basically Mobile Internet slow Only..You can follow the tips Below to increase the speed because it connected to computer you said so I provide the Tips. ...Instead of using the software to increase the speed of the Internet...You can use the Tips Below,that will increase your internet speed It's best than software...

Increase your internet speed:

By default microsoft reserves 20% of bandwidtth for windows update. You can increase overall bandwidtth by 20% by setting in to 0% for windows update.
Do the following steps.
1) Goto Start->Run
2) type gpedit.msc and press ENTER
3) You will get a window "Group Policy"
4) Goto Administrative Templets->Network->QoS Packet sheduler.
5) Select and double click on "Limit Reservable Bandwidtth" option in right panel.
6) Then click on Enable and change reservalble bandwidtth to "0%". THEN MAKE FUN WITH 20% MORE SPEED.

Note: Even it is by default disabled but still it reserve 20% bandwidtth. So you have to enable it and set to 0%.

You can check the internet speed at http://www.scanmyspeed.com
Anonymous User
Aug 9, 2011 at 09:54 PM
Nothing is going to work.

What speed do you expect from nokia 3600 ?
Do you use data cable to connect to your PC?

Do not get fooled by the internet speed the PC shows when you get connected to your network..You are going to get just 1/10th of the speed.

Go and apply for a broadband connection.

I have a personal experience with my mobile