Power and Charger light blinks together

Closed
Aphrodite - Jan 1, 2011 at 06:46 AM
 chupa - Jul 15, 2011 at 06:29 AM
Hello,

I have a Neo Empriva Laptop which the family brought 2 years ago. Just last week, when I plugged the Charger in, the charger and the power lights blink together. After a few minutes of blinking, the laptop turns off with the power and charger lights down also.

But if you turn it on again, the charger light stops blinking and the normal cycle of using the laptop goes back until the battery goes down again.

I know something's wrong but can you please help me with this problem? I need it very much since I can't just let my laptop shut down but itself with me turning it on again everytime I use it (which is everyday).

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jan 1, 2011 at 07:37 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Unplug the power --> remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck!
AphroditeJones Posts 3 Registration date Saturday January 1, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2011
Jan 1, 2011 at 08:35 AM
Hello! I posted that topic as Aphrodite then signed up as AphroditeJones (not my real name). My laptop just turned off again and I turned it on. Thank you for your comment. I'll try it the next time my laptop does it again.

May I ask, what does the blinking of both lights mean? How does your comment explain that the blinking will stop? What is the explanation behind the blinking?
Anonymous User
Jan 1, 2011 at 09:59 AM
Hi, for your cas, this dysfunction may be due to many reasons.
It can be the processor, the ram or the graphic card in the motherboard. Usually this is an internal problem. But I can't tell you exactly the problem.
AphroditeJones Posts 3 Registration date Saturday January 1, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 at 01:10 AM
Not working. Anything else? Any other way?
Anonymous User
Jan 2, 2011 at 09:37 AM
Hello, try this:

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

2) Select "Safe Mode"

3) Go to Control Panel -> Backup and Restore -> Recover system settings or your computer -> Open System Restore -> follow the wizard to restore the system to the state before the issue occurred
Jan 7, 2011 at 08:08 AM
still not working. i tried to turn my laptop on with the bliking lights on and moused over the battery icon on the taskbar, it says "plugged in. not charging"

i got this laptop 3 years ago btw