Acer Aspire 4520 laptop screen goes white

Solved/Closed
Raj - Updated on Jan 8, 2019 at 01:36 AM
 Mike - Jan 17, 2019 at 04:47 PM
Hello,

I got laptop named Acer Aspire 4520 that I purchased 11 months ago. The screen of the laptop sometimes goes whole white. For example, when I'm playing a movie or song, in between that, the screen goes whole white. I left with no option except restarting it. I have a problem with hibernate as well. When I hibernate the laptop and when I boot up after hibernate, screen remains white. Can anybody help?

System Configuration: Windows Vista Firefox 3.0.5 Processer - AMD Athlon 1.7 Ghz 512 kb L2 cache Display - NVIDIA Ge-Force 7000M - 256 MB 2 gb Ram 120 gb hdd
Related:

8 responses

Hello everyone, I was having the same problem with my system. I have my own temporary solution. It might be useful for you guys also. Follow these steps:
  • Set your laptop power options to Do Nothing when you close the lid. Apply this to both when using battery or when plugged in.
  • So whenever your monitor flicked out the white screen, just close the lid and open again.

Might be useful. If you have to, do it several time because I already did, and it works.

It's tiring to shut down or sleep when I am working or playing games.
Ok so i am having the same issue my self with the added fact that sometimes when I power up the laptop the screen is full brightness on a different lines on the whole screen mostly pink.

It is either a cable problem (bad cable or it came out a bit) or may be the display itself). In my case I know it is more probable to be a display issue or a connection of the cable at the display assembly. I know this because i to have to close the lid a few times or what i found out later if i slightly press a finger on the middle of the lower frame of the display and one right behind that spot it usually fixes the problem.

My suggestion take it in to service, it shouldn't have such a problem even if it is a bit ruffed up. Mine is 6 years old and has seen its share of use. Mostly as my main driver.