NO DISK VIRUS !

Solved/Closed
ASH - Jan 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 29, 2010 at 06:27 AM
Hello,SIR I AM ASH & I AM FACING WITH AN ANNOYING WARNING MESSAGE SHOWING "NO DISK" WITH ANYONE PROCESS NAME...I THINK IT'S A VIRUS.BECAUSE I START GETTING THIS MESSAGE AFTER OPENING A FRIEND'S FLASH DRIVE.THERE WAS A EXE PROG CALLED "REGSVR.EXE".I THNK THIS IS A SCRIPTING TO MY SHELL.IN SHORT LPEASE HELP ME FROM THIS "NO DISK VIRUS"....WAITING FOR UR REPLY..
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 29, 2010 at 06:27 AM
Hello Carse,

Please follow the steps described hereunder:

1.First search for autorun.inf file.It would be in Read Mode normally you need to change it by right clicking the file , selecting the properties and un-check the read only option

2.Now Open the file in notepad and delete everything and save it.

3.Change the file status to read only mode so that the virus could not get access again.

4.Click on Start->run and type msconfig

5.Search for regsvr and uncheck any options, click OK.

6.Now goto Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks, and delete the At1 task which would be listed here.

7.Now type regedit in the Run dialog to open the registry
8.editor.

9.Select on Edit -> Find and search for regsvr.exe

10.Delete all the occurrences of regsvr.exe

11.Now browse to entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and modify the entry Shell = Explorer.exe regsvr.exe to delete the regsvr.exe from here also.

12.Now finally goto System 32 Folder and search for regsvr.exe. But before that uncheck Hide Protected System Files and Folders for viewing it.

Regards