Ntldr is compressed-reset to endless loop

Closed
stricknook - Dec 19, 2010 at 02:21 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Dec 19, 2010 at 08:00 AM
Hello, I'm not really sure how it happened, my computer is stuck with this message ntldr is compressed alt,controll,delete to restart. Its an older emachine I've got one windows upgrade disk xp home, one of two emachine disks-only gives the desructive/non destuctive option and does not restore anything. The windows disk leaves me at a point where I can push enter, start, or f3- but my keyboard shuts off when the screen comes up, I don't know why. I've figured on opening this c prompt window but don't know what to put on there. I've downloaded many programs on my thumb drives and dosent seem to work at all.
I was told at frys to get a new hard drive and a new tower at staples,
I would reallly appreiceate some help before I give myself a hernia screming at the computer, thanxs

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 19, 2010 at 08:00 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Place the "Windows xp" CD in the drive and make sure your first boot device

is set to CD\DVD drive to boot from it.

2) When prompted to "Press any key to boot from the CD", press any key.

3) When welcome screen appears, press "R" key to go to recovery console.

4) When it asks "Which Windows installation would you like to log onto", press 1

key and then press "Enter".

5) Enter your administrator password.

6) Now C:\Windows> prompt appears. Now enter this command.

cd \ ----> Press Enter

Now your command prompt changes to C:\>. Now enter the below command

attrib -c ntldr ---> Press Enter

7) Now type exit.

Good Luck