Acer Aspire 6930 problem

Closed
Vijay - Dec 6, 2010 at 04:58 PM
 Vijay - Jan 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Hello,

I have Acer Aspire 6930 laptop, I have used the laptop for almost 2 years now without any problems. Suddenly, one morning, the lights of the laptop are on, but their is no noise of the fan or the motherboard. I switch it off and restart it, it wont start. Only the lights turn on, I hear the fan turning on for a split of a second and automatically turning off.
In simple words laptop wont start up. And I have tried doing the "holding the power button stuff".

Please help, as the laptop I am using is of a friend. Thanks in advance for your help.
Related:

3 responses

Hi brianwhitt77,

Sorry I think we are on the wrong note. I am really sorry, if I provided any misinformation.

The laptop recognizes the power supply and also the battery power. It doesn't show anything on the monitor. I hear the fan noise for a split of a second and it is off [when I try to start my laptop].
And I have tried the solution mentioned in the above link and it doesn't work for me. Even now if you are unable to understand my problem please let me know, I will describe it in more detail.

Again thank you so much for replying. I am indebted.

Thanks.
Blocked Profile
Dec 8, 2010 at 03:45 PM
Hello Vijay,

Thanks for bringing up more clarifications to the issue. Well, have you tried connecting an external monitor to it then? If yes, please tell the results.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Brainwhitt77,

Thank you for getting back. It doesn't start up, so there is no point connecting to an external monitor.
Thanks for your time and your advice.....if you can come with up any solution or if you want me to clarify further please let me know.
I am in deep trouble with these laptop.

Thanks.
Hi Brainwhitt77,

I have tried connecting the laptop to an External Monitor. It couldn't detect my laptop and I tried waiting for an hour and so, and pressing the fn+F4 button to display on the external, without any display.
If, you want me to perform some other steps please let me know. Or is it the problem of the Mother Board?
Thank you for your patience with me. I deeply appreciated your help.
Kindly reply.

Thanks in advance,
Vijay.
Blocked Profile
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Hello Vijay,

First make sure that the battery is well charged, put it on charge for some hours to be sure of it. Then remove the battery completely and place it back.

Now press the power button, it should turn on! If ever it doesn't please indicate for further help.

Kind regards.
Hi brianwhitt77,

Thank You for replying to my query.
I charged my laptop the whole night, thinking that its just the battery, but, it wouldn't start. And also I have tried the steps mentioned, to remove the battery and power supply and hold on to power button stuff.
Please help me further, about what should I do? Am I doing the above mentioned process wrong?
These are the steps I followed:
1. Remove power supply and battery.
2. Hold power button down for 30 seconds.
3. WHILE STILL HOLDING DOWN POWER BUTTON, INSERT POWER SUPPLY (that's what she said), THEN INSERT BATTERY. *THE POWER BUTTON SHOULD BE HELD, THROUGHOUT THIS ENTIRE STEP.
4. At this point, the blue light and the charging light both came on, and the computer will start properly.

Again thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Blocked Profile
Dec 8, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Hello Vijay,

You are totally welcomed, please have the complete instructions from the following address.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Yet, if you see that the situation is still the same, as you indicated there is no power supply at all, and this could be sourcing from a burnt circuit interrupting the electricity flow and you will have to check it out with a voltmeter. It could also be coming from other hardware components. If you do not have the necessary equipment or proper knowledge, please get it to a competent technician for making sure that you do not damage any other hardware component.

Kind regards.