Acer Aspire 5570 won't start up!!!

Solved/Closed
BabyGirl84 - Nov 29, 2010 at 05:26 PM
 Tao - Nov 6, 2012 at 09:31 PM
Hello, I have a Acer Aspire 5570 -2067 model laptop.The problem is, it won't turn on. When I first plug it up to the charger the light is orange letting me know it needs to be charged , so I let it charge up . Then it turns green to let me know its charged. BUT , when I press the "power" button nothing comes on. It literally don't start up!Now , every now and then it will come on when I press the power button. n It stays on but once I turn it off...no telling when its going to come back on. Can someone PLZ help me?:(

Now ,I've Already try Removing the battery and draining the power method. I even took my whole laptop apart to find the CMOS battery n dis and re-connected it just in-case it may be stuck in hibernation mode. Which after doing that it came back on after pressing and holding the power buttom a couple of times. But when soon as I turned it off , that was it .LoL .So now what to do ? New power switch or what...?
Related:

3 responses

No, I had the same problem - just tap three times on the bottom of the unit (over the fan housing), plug it in, and it will start up. I didn't believe it either, but it WORKS!
I have no idea how this works, but it did. I detatched the power cable and took out the battery. Tap 3 (well about 6 times) around bottom of the unit. Put the battery back in, connected the cable. Switched it on.......started up perfectly !!!!!!!

Thanks Maria !!!!!
Actually all it needed was a new power button that i've already replaced now. So I've solved the problem and it works excellent ! But thank you anyway.!!!:D TC n Happy New Yearz!
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 29, 2010 at 09:31 PM
It could be a problem with the power circuit within the motherboard. At this point I think it's time for factory service.

Good Luck