I have an HP DV7, I'm getting black screen, lights are on above keyboard, and lights blink above number keyboard and caps lock, any suggestions on how to fix this? Called Hp said it was a $400 repair I paid $650 for it. If it can't be fixed how do I get my data off my hard drive? I understand this is a on going problem with HP!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
- HP Pavillion DV7 1245dx Black Screen
- Lights on hp pavilion dv7
- Why is my hp paviliin dv7 black screen in windows
- HP laptop - black screen problem » How-To - Laptop computer
- Hp pavilion has black screen problem (Solved) » Forum - Screen
- "HP Pavilion G6: black screen after startup" » Forum - Screen
- My hp pavillion dv5 has black screen problem » Forum - Windows
- HP Pavillion Entertainment PC black screen » Forum
You can remove the hard drive from the laptop, purchase a USB external hard drive enclosure and use it to convert your hard drive to use with another computer. You must be careful to purchase the correct kind of adapter. There are two types SATA and PATA (also called IDE). Yours uses a SATA drive.