Resolution issue in Pavilion DV4 2112TU

Solved/Closed
Muthu - Nov 11, 2010 at 10:41 PM
 Muthu - Mar 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Hello,

I bought a Pavilion DV4 2112TU laptop and its working fine, only I faced the problem often is the resolution setting is changed to 1366X768 but my machine standard is 1280X800.
so we can't see full screen and this will happen whenever I connect internet.
regarding this I asked Customer care and they said just restore the previous restore point. but I feel it not good as I am always connect internet.

Guys, do you have any idea to stop this repeat.

Thanks
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 13, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Do you have it connected to a TV? TV's in the 32 to 37 inch range often have 1366X768 resolutions.
Hi, No I didn't connect any external. The problem is when ever I allow to update the Windows & HP updates through internet its updating somthing and after restart or next time boot the resolution has changeed to the above.
Did you ever get this problem resolved. My computer is an HP Pavillion dv4 and is doing the exact sam thing regarding the resolution setting.
Hi, Yes, it's resolved by reinstall the display driver but its not a exact solution, I noticed one things that when you install any application like Adobe pdf reader or some Windows or HP updates it will modifying the a common files in windows directory. So to resolve this I have been asked to re-install the Bios, Intel Chip and related Displays driver. It will be taking the effect after two or three times re-started the OS.

[ You can do it from you system backup that is using recover manager.
Now a day in the market you can see the same laptop with resolution rang "1366X768", that's the reason this issue is occurred when you are doing any updates, HP need to do something for this issue ]

Below is the message that I have been asked from "HP Support guy"
Based on your system model details provided by you HP Pavilion dv4-2112tu Entertainment Notebook PC, I would like you to update the Bios of the notebook.

You can download and install the Bios update from the below web-link:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48237.exe

Once the Bios update is done I would like you to update the video and chipset drivers and then check for the resolution.

ATI VGA Driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48156.exe

Intel VGA Driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46735.exe

Intel Chipset Driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46732.exe

If you are still facing the same issue then you may have to visit the service centre and a technician check the issue on the notebook. Please send us your complete address.

[My suggestion is better take your machine to Service center if under warranty. ( make sure the problem has not rectified B4 reaching to Service Center because I had the same issue that when I found the issue I just turn off laptop and went service center, there they were turn on and it was seems to be the screen resolution fit perfectly, then I had the same issue after update the Windows updates. ;) )]

Let me know if you found/ advised any other better

Thanks