Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Computer powers up but nothing on screen [Solved/Closed]

tony85 - Latest answer on Nov 3, 2012 12:35AM
Hello,
my computer powers up all lights, fans, hdd and vga fan.. but nothing comes up on screen.... have checked all connections and monitor... was working fine... then left off for few months now nothing on screen... any suggestions wil help...
Thanks
Read more 
Answer
+1
moins plus
I have the same problem and think the other person is right. I think it is telling me that it is just dead. This isn't the first problem I have had with this old computer.

Answer
+1
moins plus
i have the same problem and i would try anouther card but dont have one to try omg sooo pissed, cleadned card everything works i guess it is just time for a new comp.!!!

Answer
+1
moins plus
could be your power supply or your motherboard!

Answer
+1
moins plus
i'm not very sure about my computer, fan and lights are ok, but no sound beep and also no monitor display.??

Answer
+0
moins plus
Dude
think this may be because of your monitor. is your monitor showing the POST or are you able to enter bios. If not, certainly, your monitor is faulty. First check your monitor cable and try a new one. If problem persists, try connecting another monitor.

regards
Humanarcade

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi There,

one thing left onyl Power Supply,Change the Power Supply hope it will work !!

Regards,

http://www.laptop-accessories4u.co.uk/categories/Laptop-Wireless-Cards/

si-fly- Dec 29, 2009 03:05AM
Hi all, I have exactly the same problem with a laptop, Black screen, no beeps, flashing hard drive etc
M/c wont boot from boot disk / windows disk. And have tried most of the things above plus removing batt and holding power button.

BUT I can get it to boot normally by very rapidly tapping the F8 key BEFORE the bios loads.

Its been like this for 2 months and as its hit and miss if it will boot or not (my wife has never got it to boot and its her m/c, it takes me 3/4 goes it seems you have to tap at exactly the right moment then the bios starts to load and it runs normally? It does not say its in safe mode so im not sure what I am doing by hitting F8.

Its a MSI Megabook L730 with a AMI bios according to windows as its rebadged "Evesham" and runs XP.

Any help would appreciated,

Si.
Answer
+0
moins plus
hey if u have a gpu take that out and plug it into the defualt vga or dvi

Answer
+0
moins plus
buy another pc lol

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi people (sorry 4 my English) i had the same problem with my desktop "Computer powers on, but does not boot [Solved/Closed]" i can say that i found the problem and a solution without changing anything to him not even the processor ...so the problem is that the person ho has this problem he made it cleaning physical the inside of the computer with a blower or a pressurized air and the cooler of the processor spin faster then it shod.....The fixing of this problem remove the battery of the motherboard after remove the processor after 20 sec put back the processor after the battery ....all this time u remove the power and remove gentile the cooler of the processor and be very careful with motherboard .....for me it work perfectly GOOD LUCK

Answer
+0
moins plus
try a external vga card

Answer
moins plus
my pc does the same thing its screwed up i think its just the pcs way of saying get a new one im dead

binod- Dec 31, 2009 08:12AM
when i want to start my computer then it's cpu fan is moving but does not show anything.though my though my smps ram all are ok .what may be the problem?
Dan- Feb 23, 2010 12:04PM
I have a desktop and worked fine last night and this morning when i tried to start it up the fans and motors i can here running and the yellow light on front is working but no beep and on keyboard or mouse and no monitor. the yellow light finally stop working but the fans and motor you can still here still nothing
This document entitled « Computer powers up but nothing on screen » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.