Green volume control bar is missing

Solved/Closed
teridon - Dec 24, 2008 at 10:17 PM
 Jakkie - Jun 5, 2013 at 05:47 PM
Hello,
I recently lost my green bar that tells me what my volume control is. It just suddenly disappeared. I can still turn my volume up and down but I cannot see what I am doing as far as how high or low it goes til I hear it. Can anyone tell me how to get my green volume bar back! I have the volume icon in the taskbar it is not missing, Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks...Teri
Related:

29 responses

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=&servicetag=&os=&osl=&catid=&impid=&fileid=201589

This is the fix
heyy there, so I am having the exact same problem, I have a gateway laptop I was wondering if any1 knew how I could fix this problem?! thnnnx
Sorry, ignore my info on the alternate startmenu path as windows\startmenu etc does not exist of course.
I'm racing to find a fix tonight or tomorrow if I can.
thanks for the great solution!

i have a dell xps ... diitto lost the green volume indicator

found the DELL quick set app in windows > all programs

did a quick 'shortcut' ... to the desktop

clicked on it and instantly my green volume control came back!

thanks again everyone!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
ComputerJunkie
Feb 22, 2010 at 01:30 PM
And what do you do if you do not have the quick set you guys are talking about? I do not have all the dell "Fluff" on my laptop. I don't need it and don't want it. There is always another way to access the same information. Where do you go then?
Hello, I have my bars missing, im using an Acer Aspire 7715Z, I tried to use Glenn's method, but I can't seem to find Launch Manager on the laptop? Can anyone help me find Launch Manager, and get my volume bars back? Please email me. Or find me on msn nikul_mehta@hotmail.com!
hi ,

my green volume control bar is missing on my acer 5920g and the acer e-net management cannot launch after I recently delete something, to kill off a virus.

Please help . My email is wongtanlim3@yahoo.com
If you run Vaio Media from start>all programs, you can resolve the problem.
same problem here lol... I was looking for a fix this morning after going two months without it. I deleted some programs that were running in the background as per a website recomendaions...well one was the reen toolbar >:( this is an HP lap still looking to fix it.
Same thing happened to me HP Presaro r3000 lost my green bar graph months ago, recently piched back upm the challange. this happened to me once befor and the people at HP support gave me a utility file to run and I got a bar back it wasnt the original gar but did the job, but the current tech atthier support desk cabt find the utility any more. dont give up some on e has it its a small uitily file . if I find it 1ts ill be sure to notify you.