Windows xp...reboot after splash screen

Solved/Closed
Moeman - Dec 24, 2008 at 12:01 PM
 Elys - Dec 29, 2015 at 03:42 PM
Hi there....I am having an ENORMOUS problem at the moment....the other night I was using an application, a simple game, when my computer rebooted suddenly....its now in the throws of rebooting going to the Windows XP splash screen and then a quick blue screen with some words on it flashes on and off so fast that I cannot read the text....I put a windows disk in to try and reach the repair console....and it seems to work it says Examining disk config. then it says its examining the disk on 0 on bus 0 on atapi....or something very close to this and it won't stop....I let it sit for hours on end and the screen never changed....I have tried all safe mode options, last known good config, start windows normally and it still wont work at all....so basically I am stuck, I can't reformat it, I can't repair it....I thought about trying Fedora 10, and if that doesn't work....I suppose the only choice I have left is a new hard drive...which I am less than eager to shell out for. If anyone has an idea or suggestion I would really appreciate it.

Is there anyway to.....I suppose "manually" wipe the drive...say with a magnet or something...I am not too keen on doing that but if it would work I suppose I would give it a try.

Thanks!
Related:

5 responses

I noticed the problem. What you may want to do is reboot the machine and continously tap the the F8 key until you get to your boot options screen. From here you can disable automatic restart on system failure. Now we can get the BSOD error (it is normally something like 0x00000000 or a similar format).

Once you can tell me the error, I can tell you what your options are.
i have this same problem I got the number:
0x00000043, 0xc3772000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000
could you please help
Woah thx u Voidgere ... I followed ur step and I dont have problem get in window xD
thx u very very much
I am receiving the error msg: unmountable_boot_ volume
stop: 0x000000ED (0x8A225900, 0XC000006,0x00000000, 0X00000000
I tried this again and now get the stop code: 0x8A25F900, and the rest is the same.
Thanks.
All right, I don't know if this will help anyone else. Here's what I did. After buying a new hdd and reloading everything, a week later the same splash screen purgatory returned. So I went another direction. I switched in my old ram sticks. Magic. Like a brand new computer. Again I don't know if this will help anyone else, especially laptop users who can not so easily switch out components, but it may be a next to last resort for the desperate.
I had similar problems,playing games and pow the blue screen with bad_pool_caller. Swore alot,read through the forums and tried switching out the ram and taking the usb out of bios. Worked like a charm.

So far so good,if it happens repeatedly the comp will learn to swim.
I would suggest putting in your CD, chooring to install instead of going to the repair console, and then select repair from the second offering. This will do a repair installation and should resolve the issue provided it is related to a core Windows service (which it appears to be).

Thanks,
T|-|R@K
this get rid of all you had install if you do the repairs as I know this..cause I have formated my hard drive 5 time in the last few day..trying over and over..

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I think you get a boot sector virus. Your MBR might be corrupted. You should:

1) Take out your hard drive and make it as a slave or as external hard drive (You have to buy the hard disk casing).
2) Backup some of your important files that you need such as from your 'My Document.
3) Reformat your hard drive and make a partition for C:\ max 20Gb preferably for windows.
4) Put back your hard drive to THE PC or Laptop.
5) Reinstall windows using the bootable Windows cd.

Good luck trying. I hope this will help you.

Harrisman
Hello,
Saw you reply to a similar problem I am having, and wanted to check with you... I was running WinXP, started suddenly getting the reboot at splash screen, if I disable 'restart on error' I see a BSOD fatal error message, address 00000024... I downloaded LiveCD Demo ran Superscan and everything else I could on Demo. Apparently something kinda worked, cuz I rebooted the next day to Windows regularly. But, when I shut it down again, it now repeats the same behavior again, with above address... (First round it was a different address, more like 000000BD or something like that).

Anyway, I figure I probably do have a boot sector virus, but I have a laptop, so I've been trying to find something I could boot on usb so I can burn a cd of my dox. I might have to take it in I guess, but I really don't have the dough to get it repaired I don't think. And really hate losing all my progs on there, cuz I've moved a couple times and lost or scratched up all my install cd's... Do you know of any effective anti-mbr-virus fighters?
desperate > desperate
Apr 22, 2009 at 09:52 PM
Forgot to mention, my XP Cd's won't boot, and LiveCD Active@ Boot Disk no longer makes it work. Might buy it, if it will FIX the problem, but I don't know if I need that or a MBR anti-virus
I have spent days trying to work out what has gone wrong here with restoring back ups and going no where. I twigged to this when my latest restore work and then XP would load again. Strange. I swapped the memory stick from another old machine and Presto, I am all going. I cant thank you enough for the suggestion. This has been really stressful.