Can't see hidden files

Solved/Closed
crazy_devil Posts 124 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 - Feb 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM
 umbertus - Mar 22, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Hello,

i got a monstrous problem concerning my hidden files, I can't see them anymore and when I enter in tools, folder options so as to click and see my hidden folders...it returns back to "do not show" any clue????

135 responses

hello all pls advice me pls I cant see my see my hidden file or folder jab bhi mein tools me jakar folder option mein ja kar view mein jakar show all hidden file or folder karta hoon fir bhi woh show nahi hote pls advice me yaar ...........pls its
yogui7 Posts 132 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 28
May 13, 2008 at 11:40 AM
hi vinod if you foloew one of those ideas given above am sure u will be able to view them !! check 1st page
My desktop items dont show on my computer screen and I dont know how to fix this so it looks like a normal computer screen.My tool bar at the bottom with start has also dissappared.
right click on desktop and click Arrange Icons by AND then show destop icosn. hope this helps.
right click on desktop and click Arrange Icons by AND then show destop icosn. hope this helps.
lucia4love Posts 4 Registration date Monday May 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2008
May 13, 2008 at 02:22 PM
Hello,
My name is lucia I see adress at(ccm.net) I am a lovely and caring girl.I love to establish a relationship with you.Please reply me through my private e-mail box;(Email Id removed for security)l promise you when l see your note l will send you my pictures, Thanks and am waiting to hear from you soonest,
lucia.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I have the same problem but I can't found
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL

my "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\" have't any "Hidden" and "SHO WALL"
What can I do now?
I think it's deleted by the virus
After I check the correct registry and add them back, all hidden files show again
I paste the registry below, hopefully it's useful for someone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden]
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30499"
"Type"="group"
"Bitmap"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\
00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,53,00,\
48,00,45,00,4c,00,4c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,34,00,00,\
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51131"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\NOHIDDEN]
"RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Advanced"
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30501"
"Type"="radio"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000002
"ValueName"="Hidden"
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000002
"HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51104"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL]
"RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Advanced"
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30500"
"Type"="radio"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000001
"ValueName"="Hidden"
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000002
"HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51105"
chhagan suthar
May 15, 2008 at 02:12 AM
tell me soulition for hidden file and folders in c:

Thanks,
chhagan
thanx bddy I got a solutions from u.im facing problem with hidden files. im a admin in blore. I wan a clarification that which is d best Antivirus with which we can deal with???????????
Rajanikant mishra
B-lore
my local disk is not autoruning
plz help me I can't find hidden files
Blocked Profile
May 21, 2008 at 12:03 PM
hmm have ya tried the soloutions that they have given above, mate ?
I am experiencing something similar and my PC is very very very slow. Can this be causing it?
i had the same problem yesterday..started with a virus called semo2x.exe..(its a new virus as far as I know)...i downloaded pc tools antivirus it detedted it and deleted it but then my drives didnt open so I downloaded disk heel used it worked...then my hidden files didnt open so I followed the steps of the registery solution and it worked :)
ooo forgot to write it in my previous post...slow pc is mostly caused my trojens and viruses...many times my viruses that doplicate them selves or make a lot of backgroud processes...open ur drives with winrar and look for unusual files that shouldnt be there..
hello yaar ..a very serious problem with my pen drive and I need ur kind help...my pen drive is filled with regsvr virus and they r all hidden and cant delete them..wen I open it , shows the disk is full but I cant add more datas to it and its showing an empty page without any folders on it..plz reply me as early as possible.............
hello yaar ..a very serious problem with my pen drive and I need ur kind help...my pen drive is filled with regsvr virus and they r all hidden and cant delete them..wen I open it , shows the disk is full but I cant add more datas to it and its showing an empty page without any folders on it..plz reply me as early as possible.............
still I cant see hidden files and folders
HELLO FRND ITS NOT A ORDINARY VIRUS IT IS A REGISTRY VIRUS OK SO U CAN'T REMOVE HIS VIRUS FROM COPUTER THROUGH SCANNING

I SEND U A METHOD

=========
(Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.)

and hen do this method

and also use repairing cd for registry
Hi guys,

I tried with all the steps instructed but all in vein.......
Please help...........
where is execute panel. please guide.

Swati
HELLO swati this is sourabh ITS NOT A ORDINARY VIRUS IT IS A REGISTRY VIRUS OK SO U CAN'T REMOVE tHIS VIRUS FROM COPUTER THROUGH SCANNING

I SEND U A METHOD

=========
(Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.)

and then do this method

and also use repairing cd for registry.

hey swati plz reply if my method is useful
its working man thanks
My friends,

I had same problem and followed above steps but in my regedit registry there is
Hidden\Showall entry but it has no entry called CheckedValue. I changed the
default value to 1 but that did not help.

Problem:
1. Cant see hidden files and no 2nd choice shows up in file options to set it to show
2. The fix below doesnt work cause there was no CheckedValue field under Showall

Solution if you dont have CheckedValue entry:
1. Simply add the new entry carefully with same name as DWord entry under \Showall
2. Then set to one as above.
3. Then go to file folder options and now you can see 2nd choice to show hidden files
4. Now click on the 2nd choice to show hidden files and click apply.

Thank you to the original wizard who figured this out.

from,
www.ewayco.com - Land of $100 PC and low cost systems
the file is there its not show