I received an Acer Aspire One at Christmas (2009). It has given me start-up problems several times, but I have always been able to pull the battery, hold down the start button for 30 seconds, stick the battery back in, and be up and running again . . . but no more. All I get is a black screen. No noise. No flashing lights. No fan. No nothing. When plugged in, the power LED reads green and steady, indicating the battery is full.
Following your suggestion, I went to the Acer site and downloaded the latest bios (3309). I then renamed 3309.fd to ZG5IA32.FD. When I attempted to rename the FLASHIT file to FLASHIT.EXE I got the following message: "Cannot rename FLASHIT: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." However, there is nothing else running. I feel like I must be missing a step. Any help would be appreciated.
- Acer Aspire One Will Not Start
- Acer aspire start problem
- Acer Aspire 5570 won't start up!!! (Solved) » Forum - Windows
- Acer Aspire one ZA3 not booting (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- Acer Aspire One ZG5 won't boot up (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- Aspire one wont boot, even the bios dont show (Solved) » Forum - BIOS
- Acer Aspire one won't start » Forum - Hardware
Hi,I'm sorry to here that. But may I ask is it the problem of the laptop screen, check it first, if it is, you may buy a new laptop screen, I know a site http://www.feevoo.com has many cheap high quality laptop accessories include laptop screen, just take a look.