Ask a question Report

Acer Aspire One Will Not Start

Woody - Latest answer on Sep 11, 2010 06:49PM
Hi,
I received an Acer Aspire One at Christmas (2009). It has given me start-up problems several times, but I have always been able to pull the battery, hold down the start button for 30 seconds, stick the battery back in, and be up and running again . . . but no more. All I get is a black screen. No noise. No flashing lights. No fan. No nothing. When plugged in, the power LED reads green and steady, indicating the battery is full.
Following your suggestion, I went to the Acer site and downloaded the latest bios (3309). I then renamed 3309.fd to ZG5IA32.FD. When I attempted to rename the FLASHIT file to FLASHIT.EXE I got the following message: "Cannot rename FLASHIT: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." However, there is nothing else running. I feel like I must be missing a step. Any help would be appreciated.
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi,I'm sorry to here that. But may I ask is it the problem of the laptop screen, check it first, if it is, you may buy a new laptop screen, I know a site http://www.feevoo.com has many cheap high quality laptop accessories include laptop screen, just take a look.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I just posted same problem happened to me today on the notebook Aspire One 521 5 days old. Yes new piece bouth on Heathrow. Cant belive that we have same problem reset does not works if you have any solution please let me know on pcukalovicbg@yahoo.com. Please.
Add comment
This document entitled « Acer Aspire One Will Not Start » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.