Ask a question Report

Touchpad Left Click Button Not Working [Solved/Closed]

cpt89 1Posts Tuesday 24 August 2010Registration date August 24, 2010Last seen - Latest answer on Oct 8, 2012 02:05AM
I can no longer left-click using the touchpad button on my laptop. The actual touchpad works fine, and so does the right click button. I use the touchpad button quite frequently, so this has become very frustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried shutting my computer down and removing the battery, and I have also tried removing the powercord. Neither worked.
I have an Asus notebook, Vista 64-bit.
I'm not very computer-savvy, so please keep that in mind when you reply. Thanks!
Read more 
Answer
+121
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1.

Slightly lift the button at the ends using a pin or anything and blow the

compressed air inside it and also at its sides.

Good Luck.

poo- Feb 18, 2011 12:21AM
thanx!!!!!
mrwtf- May 17, 2011 08:11PM
didnt work:(
ebabe- Jun 8, 2011 06:04PM
Worked great for me, too! I was just about to order a new keyboard before trying this!!
cyborg- Oct 6, 2012 09:03AM
perfect...worked!
bhhh- Oct 8, 2012 02:05AM
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH......i owe you my life !!!!!!!!!!!
Answer
+58
moins plus
I went into the control panel - clicked on mouse and switched to a left hand button. Then I switched it back to a right-hand button and it seems to have resolved for now.

I am in Vista on a Vaio.

Computer Illiterate- Mar 7, 2011 02:46PM
Just worked for me as well. Thanks for the suggestion!
Answer
+17
moins plus
Hi there,

The key may be damages you mentioned its used frequently in this situation you need to have it replaced or use a usb mouse with it.

Thanks

This document entitled « Touchpad Left Click Button Not Working » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.