Ask a question Report

No sound on acer aspire laptop fix [Solved/Closed]

Chevy - Latest answer on Jan 15, 2015 09:53PM
Hello, I recently experienced no sound on my laptop and I couldn't understand why. I tried all the quick fixes I found online and nothing. I was even about to download a new driver altogether but luckily I found the problem before that... Turns out my playback options had switched which was really stupid so this is what I did. On the bottom right hand side of my tool bar I located my volume control and right clicked. When the menu popped up I clicked on the sound option and once that menu appeared I went all the way to the top where there are (3) tabs and clicked on the first one which is playback. Once there I had two options one which was digital device and speakers. Mine was on the digital output device which had it wacked so I clicked on speakers ,apply, and okay and wah la my sound was magically working again. Anyways Im not sure every body's problem is this simple but just maybe. I hope this was helpful!
Read more 
Answer
+19
moins plus
oh my god thank you so much :) you saved my laptops life as i was about to throw it off the wall haha.. i was so mind puzzled as sound wasnt on mute or anything i could figure it out for days.but this worked.,my sound is back. THANK YOU :):):):)

Leah- Aug 11, 2014 06:21PM
If above answer did not work for you. Go to where you can uninstall programs. There should then be a link that says updates or recent updates. Click on that. Uninstall all window updates from July 2014. Not window security updates or office updates. Just July window updates. I found this answer on another forum where tons of people with various computer brands had the same problem. Thankfully some of them noticed it was right after an automatic update. After you do this you will need to restart your computer. When I did this screen said installing new window updates and I worried that everything I just took off would be put back on but that did not happen. Volume working great now! Oh, this is for Windows 8 computers.
Yen-yen- Aug 12, 2014 12:50PM
thank you so much... it really works... but mine is difference i have speakers before and then i clicked the other option of the playback which is digital display audio and okay. and it's working now...
Candz- Aug 16, 2014 02:57PM
MARIAM - This might help you. I tried all these options but they didn't work.
I went to the C drive, searched the 'Audio' file, inside there were two items, I clicked on 'set audio mode to direct' and this fixed the issue with playing the sound on itunes and youtube....after a year of trying to figure it out...
Noo- Aug 17, 2014 07:08AM
Can anybody help me?? My Acer laptop display was broken and when it was fixed there is no sound coming from my laptop and it cannot detect any problems either :(
Noo- Aug 17, 2014 07:09AM
I even tried using driver detecters but none can download the drivers either :(
Answer
+2
moins plus
THANK YOU!!!! I have been living without sound on my PC for more than a YEAR. I had just given up figuring it was the age of the laptop! Brilliant!

Answer
+2
moins plus
Try going to Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Troubleshooting>Hardware and Sound

Then click "Playing Audio" and follow instructions. If you can't find "All Control Panel Options" just go to the top left where it says "Control Panel" and click the little arrow next to it and the options should come up :)

Answer
+1
moins plus
I also had this problem, I clicked on the volume icon on the bottom right of my screen then clicked the picture of the speaker about my volume level. When I got to my speakers properties I went down to "device usage" and disabled my device and applied the changes, I went back to the properties and it automatically did a troubleshoot and found the problem! Automatically turned my speakers back on.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Dear Chevy,

It might be that the drivers that you have installed are not compatible and hence make use of the Driver Detective in order to identify the right drivers that you need to have installed.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Uninstall all July 2014 windows updates. Not window security or office updates, just window updates. Go to where u can uninstall programs and you should see a link that says updates or recent updates. Uninstall July window updates there. see longer answer under comments to Olive above. I accidentally wrote it there and don't want to retype it all. But the gist of it is many people noticed this problem started after July window updates for Windows 8 computers. Solved it for me!!!

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thanks mate, it's working now. legend

Answer
+0
moins plus
This might help you. I tried all these options but they didn't work.
I went to the C drive, searched the 'Audio' file, inside there were two items, I clicked on 'set audio mode to direct' and this fixed the issue with playing the sound on itunes and youtube....after a year of trying to figure it out...

Answer
+0
moins plus
none of these worked at all. they can't blown, they haven't had a total use of five hours since I bought this laptop.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thank you SOOO much! I just experienced the same thing and your solution worked for me. :)

This document entitled « No sound on acer aspire laptop fix » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.