No sound on Acer Aspire laptop fix

Solved/Closed
Chevy - Updated on Aug 18, 2017 at 09:42 AM
 Watcher - Mar 4, 2019 at 05:02 PM
Hello, I recently experienced no sound on my laptop and I couldn't understand why. I tried all the quick fixes I found online and nothing. I was even about to download a new driver altogether but luckily I found the problem before that... Turns out my playback options had switched which was really stupid so this is what I did. On the bottom right hand side of my tool bar I located my volume control and right clicked. When the menu popped up I clicked on the sound option and once that menu appeared I went all the way to the top where there are (3) tabs and clicked on the first one which is playback. Once there I had two options one which was digital device and speakers. Mine was on the digital output device which had it wacked so I clicked on speakers ,apply, and okay and wah la my sound was magically working again. Anyways Im not sure every body's problem is this simple but just maybe. I hope this was helpful!

Related:

6 responses

oh my god thank you so much :) you saved my laptops life as I was about to throw it off the wall haha.. I was so mind puzzled as sound wasnt on mute or anything I could figure it out for days.but this worked.,my sound is back. THANK YOU :):):):)
  • On the bottom right of my toolbar I located my volume control and right clicked.
  • I clicked on the sound option and once that menu appeared I went all the way to the top where there are 3 tabs and clicked on the 1st one which is playback.
  • Once there I had 2 options one which was digital device and speakers.
  • Mine was on the digital output device which had it wacked so I clicked on speakers ,apply, and ok.
You helped me too. Thanks a lot!!!!
THANK YOU!!!! I have been living without sound on my PC for more than a YEAR. I had just given up figuring it was the age of the laptop! Brilliant!