No audio, Sound mixer missing....

Solved/Closed
needshelpsoon - Dec 14, 2008 at 03:33 PM
 Chops - Nov 29, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Hello,
I recently lost sound on our Dell Vostro 1500 with xp. I done a system restore, reinstalled audio devices and tried just about everything else and still no sound. It happened after we ran a scan of the computer. The sound controlls are missing off the tool bar, when I go to the volume control in start menu it says I don't have an active mixer and to install one which didn't work either and when I go to control panel and sound and audio device everything is grayed out, with no default device set and I was unable to set one. I have Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec and it's enabled to run. Please any help you have would be very much apprecaited
Related:

1 response

i fixed mine with instructions from this link http://www.pchell.com/support/no_active_mixer_devices_available.shtml
I have the exact same problem. Did you get yours solved yet? I have XP Pro on a Compaq Presario with SB LIVE Gameport installed as well as Windows Media Player. Any help would be appreciated.
Thnx alot man .. I did the same n it worked for me tooo .. ThnQ
That did not work for me... and I have a dell dimension 2400
did not work for me I have a gateway for the last step make sure it on automatic and press start it says it is already started
Jonny Hill > cozy
Mar 25, 2010 at 02:30 AM
Awesome, thankyou so much for this link, worked perfectly and so simple to follow. You just saved me hours of stess!! Thankyou!!