Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Four beeps pause 4 beep [Solved/Closed]

deen - Latest answer on Jan 14, 2013 06:24PM
Hello,
Dear friend I am getting four beeps puse four beeps vice versa upto five times. At the same time there is nothing on the screen,keyboard and mouse. After the 5 times beeping LED display(power display) turned into red and no sound. Please help me....
Read more 
Answer
+21
moins plus
Had a HP DC5100 do the same thing. Power Supply was bad
Change it out with another DC5100 and the machine work. Put the bad one in the another machine and the
problem duplicated.
Hope this helped.

Answer
+10
moins plus
My son just had the same problem. I had him clean the dust off the processor heat sink.

I then had him pull one memory stick and then startup, it did. I then had him install the memory stick, and pull the other one. The computer started up fine. I then had him reseat the second memory stick and restart the computer. The computer is now running fine.

Evidently, the memory needed to be reseated.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Same Deal, dropped my computer and it was running terribly, couldn't run any applications so i thought it was dead. Got bored on the phone one afternoon with Rogers fixing an invoice issue so i took off the back panels and started looking around, unseated every component i could and reseated it, now the computer runs better then ever on only half the ram. I'll wait till i'm done cleaning everything out and then i'll reinstall the other GB. Don't worry about the 'Beware' or 'Warranty Void' stuff, just takes a bit of a can-do attitude and a small screwdriver and you can fix it yourself.

This document entitled « four beeps pause 4 beep » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.