Ask a question Report

Full screen on my TV when connected to laptop [Solved/Closed]

Jimmy - Latest answer on Dec 2, 2010 05:04AM
Hello,
I've connected my laptop to my TV using and HDMI cable and everything appears to be working well other then the fact that when the picture is displayed on my TV, it only fills a small porting on the screen in the middle. How do I get the picture to show on the whole screen? I've tried the adjustments on the TV but it doesn't seem to work. My guess is it has to do something with the laptop settings. Any helpe anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim B
Read more 
Answer
+46
moins plus
when you connect to an external display it probably uses the same resolution as your computer by default. when you connect to a tv, go into your computer configuration an increase the screen resolution to that of the external monitor and it should fill the screen

Answer
+8
moins plus
Thanks for all the help, I was actually able to resolve it through Sony. It was just the drivers that were installed on my computer. Sony had me update my drivers through their online help and everything seems to be working just fine now.

This document entitled « Full screen on my TV when connected to laptop » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.