Installing a lexmark printer without a cd

Solved/Closed
DICKSON - Jul 28, 2010 at 07:59 AM
 strent - Jan 21, 2021 at 09:47 AM
Hello, I LOST MY CD AND I WANT TO INSTALL MY LEXMARK F4270 TO MY COMPUTER

5 responses

mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Aug 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Attach your Lexmark printer to your computer. Attach the printer cable from the printer to an open USB slot on your computer.

Turn on your computer and a window will pop up. It will recognize new hardware and ask if you want the new hardware installed. Click "Yes" and follow the setup wizard.

Click the "Online" option when the installation wizard prompts and requests you to insert the installation CD. A list of different printers will be presented.

Scroll down to "LEXMARK F4270" Make sure you have an Internet connection established because the computer will now search for the installation files online. Your computer will then install the installation files. Wait for this to finish and then restart your computer.

If the driver doesn't automatically install, navigate to the Lexmark download page . Click on the "Download" tab, select your printer model and download the installation files.

Execute the installation file from the desktop of your computer by double-clicking it. The LEXMARK F4270 software and drivers will install. Restart your computer after successful installation.
no page popped up!!!!!
i have done all of this and i still will not print. it was working just fine before i moved and now at the new house i get nothing