Acer Aspire one Randomly shuts down

Closed
AnnieMaC - Jul 6, 2010 at 04:13 PM
jwigz Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2016 - May 28, 2016 at 05:41 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with my netbook. it randomly shuts down. i'll be working on it and it just powers off for no reason like someone holds the power button to turn it off. it happens when i'm working on it, and also when it just is sitting there. I always have it plugged into the wall for power. I've never dropped it, spilled on it, nothing blocks the fan, the fan works. I've checked the power settings. Can anyone help.
Related:

6 responses

Dudes,
I have been reading these forums for the whole weekend about the shutdown problem with the Acer Aspire One AOA150.
Tried all the solutions, including taking the netbook apart, and nothing worked.

FINALLY I GOT THE SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME!!!! :-)

Basically it is the CPU overheating. I think whatever controls when the cooling fan switches on does not do its job with the latest BIOS update (Which IS needed to get the battery to charge).
I installed: Acer Aspire One (AA1) Fan Control for Windows XP/Vista.

http://www.computentsystems.de/aceraspireonefancontrol/

Monitor the CPU temperature and set accordingly.

Hope this will save others the time I had to spend on it
jwigz Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2016
May 28, 2016 at 05:41 AM
You are a legend. I have been searching for days for a solution and have cleaned the fan etc ..on and on.....ad infinitum....until I came across your very good advice. Now the computer is running and has completed a system image. I am sincerely incredibly grateful that you posted this advice with the correct link..and it worked! Salute!