Issues with HP dv6000 wireless connection

Solved/Closed
Ram - Nov 30, 2008 at 07:12 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 27, 2010 at 06:00 PM
Hello,
I have a HP dv 6000series laptop with vista. My wireless is not working (not even connecting to internet) suddenly, eventhough the signal says it has been properly connected (Excellent) to the wireless in my house. The DLink router DI-524 is working fine. My friend's laptop wireless is able to get the wireless from my house and able to browse the internet.
I called HP CustomerService and they said the issue might be in the DLINK router, they asked me to contact DLINK if there was a firmware upgrade from DLINK side which I don't think is the solution.
Right now I am using the internet by connecting ethernet cable to my laptop.
Give me your suggestions.
Thanks
Ram
Related:

8 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 30, 2008 at 09:39 PM
this laptop model has had many problems go to this HP site for more info:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us
Hi
Thanks for your reply. My product# is not listed on my the HP page. I don't know what is the next step I need to do.
Thanks
Ram
Thanks for the link. After an hour+ with a very friendly tech support person with HP, it was determined that they need to send the laptop in for servicing. HP is sending a box to send via Fedex, and servicing for free. I would never have found it as easily, if you hadn't provided the link. Thanks very much.
I tried so many other things to get the stupid wireless to work. I came to one conclusion it has to be a key in the registry that is stopping the vista from seeing the wireless card. Go to this link and follow his instructions on where to look in the registry and delete the keys that don't fit or look strange. It worked for me. I tried taking the card out, redoing the programs and installing the bios again. None of those things worked, but the link below showed me where to look in the registry to fix the problem. I hope this helps.

http://ccm.net/forum/affich 28820 wireless switch problem
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 5, 2009 at 03:03 PM
Over heating of the video chip can burn out other components on the dv6000.
I have the sme problem did you get any help yet?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
no...
Right now I only have the charger plugged in...
One simple solution may be a Wireless switch right on the laptop. I had a similar problem with not detecting any wireless networks and discovered that I accidentally flipped the switch for the wireless radio. Once I switched it back, everything was fine.
Unfortunately. there is no physical switch on this laptop. The dv4 series just uses the touchpad to turn on and off as far as I can tell. It operates the WLAN (enables and disables), but that does not affect the light going from red to the desired blue. I also did a system restore to a point BEFORE the light switched to red, but that didn't help either. Thank you so much for replying though. Any other thoughts greatly appreciated.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 27, 2010 at 05:43 PM
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, this notebook is not listed in that article as it is an HP dv4- 1145go Entertainment Notebook PC
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 27, 2010 at 06:00 PM
Dear Bem

This thread dates back from Noah's arch. You were lucky that I caught your post. This thread will be deleted very shortly because I consider it too old, hence obsolete. I strongly suggest that you begin a brand new thread with a specific title and question, respecting the politeness charter in the network forum.

Good luck