Hp pavilion dv4 1225dx black screen problem

Closed
recon - Jul 2, 2010 at 03:12 AM
 kevin - Mar 17, 2011 at 09:07 AM
my hp pavilion dv4 1225dx when turned on black screen appears, caps lock and num lock blink once in every 2-3 secs. no light on HDD indicator.i followed all the steps/procedures on how to troubleshoot that I found in the internet.i also did the hard reset before troubleshooting my laptop. but still not working. I check the RAM, HDD and after putting it back..still not working. I hope its not the motherboard. need help...
Related:

4 responses

problem solved.i wrap my dv4 1225dx with thick towels for 2 hrs then let it cool for 30-40mins then push power button.it works...
i hav d same problem with my hp pavillion dv4 1241tx..will dis idea work 4 me???
Blocked Profile
Jul 2, 2010 at 04:48 AM
Dear Recon,

Please get through the following in order to get the problem fixed up.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Thanks in advance.
tnx 4 the info..but still my hp dv4 not responding.i disassembled my laptop and found out that my the video chip "AMD" is wet.is that normal or what?i think it was already damage.i cleaned the chip with a tissue then reassembled my laptop..still it wont work.maybe its time to change my motherboard?pls help..
its my first time to disassemble my laptop. it took me 3 hours and 4 hours to reassemble.whew..at least I did.lol.if I replace my motherboard, do I have to reprogram or do recovery or thats it?pls help.tnx in advance
thank you to all of your ideas...
without the battery pack..ok?