Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Hp laptop keyboard suddenly stop working [Solved/Closed]

Crystyle - Latest answer on Dec 31, 2012 02:18PM
Hello,
Please help! I have a Hp pavilion tx2500 touch screen notebook. This morning my keyboard suddenly stopped working. I tried two different system restores, I tried cleaning it and I tried to update the drivers. Nothing works. I have been using the touch keyboard which is a pain in the a**!! Its only two months old... please!
Read more 
Answer
+289
moins plus
Hello,

I hope you have found an answer, if you didn't here it is: shut down the notebook. Remove the battery for a couple of seconds and replace it. It works for me every time.

The keyboard locks up on mine when I turn the notebook on while in tablet mode. I mean the cover is closed with the screen facing out.

I hope this helps.

Jean-Michel

sa- Jun 6, 2010 01:49PM
Thank you man ; U are rally geniuos>>>
Thank yiu
SEADOO MIKE- Jun 7, 2010 10:00AM
WORKED GREAT
Red- Jun 16, 2010 07:52AM
OMG! My boyfriend always teases me about breaking his computer and I woke up early today and was checking my email with the keyboard and mouse suddenly froze. I've spent about an hour trying to fix it and I thought for sure I'd really messed something up. Then I tried your battery advice and it's working just fine. THANK YOU!
psychmajor195- Jun 22, 2010 03:09PM
thank you so much i thought it was terminally dead.
asim- Dec 31, 2012 02:18PM
wowwwwwwwww it workedddd i am very happy
Answer
+243
moins plus
Stop the presses! HP just released BIOS F.0B that fixes just that issue; finally!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/...

I have just tested the new BIOS on my laptop and it is really fixed.

Have fun

Answer
+47
moins plus
I had this problem last night, I uninstalled recent programs thinking it was a driver conflict. I ran a system restore to before I installed these programs when I KNOW it was working. Nothing, I googled it and found this.

AS IF YOU NEED ANY MORE CONFIRMATION: IT WORKED FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer
+46
moins plus
I have tried the battery trick, but my laptop's keyboard still refuses to work. This happened after I opened the onscreen keyboard on my tx200. Is there anything I can do to make the keyboard work again? I have only had this laptop for about 4 months.

Answer
+43
moins plus
Hi guys,

I have the same problem but I think is more advanced in my case.
My laptop ( hp nx6110) totally blocks - no answer from the keyboard, mouse or anything else. The only solution is to turn it off from the button. I tried to repair it, I have reinstalled the windows, drivers, I have cleaned up the cooler. Is till have the problem on a fresh installed OS. It still blocks all the time.

Did anybody else experienced the same problems? Do you have any other ideas?

Waiting for your answer.
Thanks.

Answer
+31
moins plus
you are the man. It worked after I unpluged the AC cord, shut down the PC and then removed the battery for a few minutes. Thanks a lot.

Answer
+21
moins plus
my god you guys are legends, been broke for like a month so i left it, but just read this and fixed, cheers guys

Answer
+14
moins plus
Hi thank you for the tip! This just worked on my HP G60 laptop. This is not a tablet computer either. My mouse and keyboard were frozen, but the battery removal did the trick!

Answer
+14
moins plus
Success! Success!

Answer
+11
moins plus
Well, I tried to do the battery trick but that did not work out for me. It was weird since everyone else said that it would work. However, if you close your notebook with the screen facing out and turn it off and back on, that works just as well...give it a try.

Answer
+9
moins plus
Thanks a lot for the solution! The wife was in Italy. I text her and ask why she has not been skyping me all day. SHe replies that the keyboard is dead on her new computer. I call her at her hotel in Italy. Suggest some basic things--no go. I ask her what she had done last on the thing, while it was still working. It turns out she too had turned on the machine when it was in tablet mode. While she's on the phone, I look it up on the web, and wind up here. I have her pull out the battery (explaining that to her was like pulling teeth!), and Presto! Thanks a million for posting this.

Answer
+7
moins plus
Who would have thought! Such a simple solution for what I thought was going to be a keyboard replacement!!
Thanks, and I'm going to try that BIOS update.

And for those wondering, yes, I flipped to tablet mode beforehand on my HP tx2000 laptop... it runs on Windows Vista Premium AMD duo processor.

Answer
+7
moins plus
YOU SIR WIN ALL MY INTERNETS FOR THE DAY. GO HAVE A COLD FROSTY BEER, SIT BACK AND SAY "YES I AM THAT AMAZING!!!!"

Answer
+6
moins plus
Thank you! My brothers laptop locked up, with the keyboard and i done as you said, it works now. You are the man!!!

Randy Laws

Answer
+6
moins plus
thank you so much
you are a genious

peace

Answer
+5
moins plus
Thank you so much, solved my problem. I have an hp dv2610us. Have had it for a year and half and last night just closed the lid to put it to sleep and when I opened it this morning, the keyboard and touch pad were dead. Pulled the battery and waited a few minutes and bingo, everything worked on startup. For those who are interested, no new updates lately except for the usual Vista updates. Thanks again!

Answer
+5
moins plus
Thank you very much. I have same problem. And it solved.

aetherfox- Feb 14, 2009 07:56AM
HEy guys!

This is really great!!! I just had my HP TX2-1010ea for 2 days and this problem showed up. With this trick it works without problems again! Thank you ooooooooww sooooooo very much!
smartguy- Feb 18, 2009 12:33PM
what is the cause of this *** problem?
anyone knows?

Thanks
ricaube- Feb 18, 2009 09:58PM
Thanks to everyone here!
I had the same issue.
I had the computer fixed 2 times and now it just beak again this afternoon.
I'm pis***f at HP.
The service seems good but how they don't get it after all these problems.
I will never buy hp stuff again...

Since I used your trick, the keyboard came back but I wll ask for a credit when the manager calls me tomorrow...

Regards.

Richard
sam- Mar 29, 2010 03:58PM
you are the best. mines a dell studio 15 but still worked. best tip in ages. but if this keeps happening it's going back lol.

THANKS!!!!!!1
Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi guy, i jst want to say THANK you my laptop tablet tx2630ea stopped wrkin and i tried all until wen my colleague told me to search google and i got dis blog......
IT WRKS FOR ME OOOOOOOOOOO, Let HP GET U MAN FOR JOB

Answer
+5
moins plus
Worked for me also.
Thank You!!!
You have no idea how much trouble you saved me.

Answer
+5
moins plus
Thank you very much it totally worked

1 2 3 4 5 Next
This document entitled « Hp laptop keyboard suddenly stop working » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.