Windows 7 home premium user profile wont load

Closed
ana - Jun 25, 2010 at 09:20 AM
 Tecorum - Jun 14, 2012 at 02:50 PM
I have windows 7 home premium but it says my user profile wont load. The upload screen has no option for 'start' or admin so I am completely stuck. please help me.
Related:

3 responses

toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 25, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Yessssssssss....... This is a google Translation so be careful and ask me if you don't understand anything:
The solution is to create a new local account from Safe Mode to do a little cleaning of the disc to avoid a new profile corruption and recover data from damaged account.
System Cleaning

1.Restart the computer in Safe Mode: Restart your computer. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. Press F8 to get the Advanced Boot Options screen and then use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option and then press Enter.
Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights
2. Click the right mouse button on the drive you want to clean and click Properties.
3. Select Disk Cleanup and let it work. When asked select OK
4. Still in the properties of the system drive, select the Tools tab and click Check Now by checking both boxes before correction. Restart the computer in Safe Mode and wait for the verification of records, to correct any errors.
5. Still in the properties of the system drive, click the Tools tab and run the defragmentation of the drive.

To create a new profile, you must first create a new user account.
When the account is created, a profile will also be created.

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
2. Click Manage another account. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click Create a new account.
4. Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

Retrieving data from damaged profile

To copy files to the new user profile

After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.

1. Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from.
2. Open Documents by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Documents.
3. Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press ALT.
4. Click the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders, clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK.
5. Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed, and Old_Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.
6. Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:
Ntuser.dat
Ntuser.dat.log
Ntuser.ini
7. Click the Edit menu, and then click Copy. If you don't see the Edit menu, press ALT.
8. Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed, and New_Username is the name of the new user profile you created.
9. Click the Edit menu, and then click Paste. If you don't see the Edit menu, press ALT.
10. Log off, and then log back on as the new user.

If you have e-mail messages in an e-mail program, such as Windows Mail, you must import your e-mail messages and addresses to the new user profile before you delete the old profile.
Don't delete the old profile until I tell you

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
William Arthur Ward
thanks so much. i am using windows 7 home premium. it does not respond to f8 key for safe mode. and as no start button appears I am stuck.
Just keep tapping F8 key as soon as you switch on.
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM
hello,
Try startup repair with the windows 7 DVD.
Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows 7 installation disc.
thanks toubib32. I bought the product online as a software download from microsoft and dont have the disk. any other troubleshooting options?
Jun 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM
You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears
Press F8 to get the Advanced Boot Options screen and then use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option and then press Enter.

Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks
Unknown