Laptop is flashing at me?

Solved/Closed
irrelevant - Nov 24, 2008 at 06:01 PM
 Iceman - Sep 17, 2013 at 03:43 PM
Hello,
(Just to clarify right away, I'm using a Dell Inspiron B130 PC Notebook.)
Yesterday when I booted up my computer, one of the four normally green lights at the bottom of my computer (below the keyboard) started flashing red/orange at me. Since the computer didn't give me any error messages, I figured it was something I did shutting down or starting up, so I re-started and the problem seemed to go away, as the light went back to green.

However, today, I've been using the computer and surfing the internet for over an hour and the light started up again a few minutes ago, seemingly out of nowhere. I haven't done anything differently and it still won't give me error messages, so I have no idea what kind of problem the light could be indicating or even if it's just the light on it's own. Obviously I'm concerned about it, but since I don't know what it is I thought it might be something I want to be aware of, and I don't want to just re-start my computer every time I see this if it is something important.

Hopefully this is in the right place -- Honestly, I have no idea, because this site just came up when I typed the problem into google, so I'm just trying.
Related:

8 responses

bradda19 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2009
Jan 1, 2009 at 07:30 AM
Hi! I have had a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. I think it overheated as I left it on the bed still on while I went away and did somehting else. The lights were 3 or four amber flashes followed by a green one. It drove me crazy. In the end I fully discahrged the battery and put it in the fridge overnight. I then charged it up and hey presto problem fixed. I hope this helps you as I'm not sure what type of computer you have.
OMG as if you put it in the fridge, that could cause moisture damage and destroy your laptop.
oh and moisture damage is not covered under warranty so if it did happen you'd be up for big bucks.
blahwhatever > Piney
Aug 3, 2009 at 06:56 AM
Not the whole laptop - just the battery. That's fine.