Network...Connected. Internet...no (DNS???)

Solved/Closed
Sean - Nov 22, 2008 at 02:34 PM
 haallooful - Mar 15, 2018 at 08:20 PM
Hello,
I have been working on this for a while now. I have a strong wireless connection to my network. But when I try to open a page on firefox it says I have no internet connection. I have followed all of the linksys adviser steps but continue to be stopped by "no internet connection". My roomates computer is connecting to the same network and working fine. I followed all of the steps from another forum "post http://ccm.net/forum/affich 10833 modem is connected but not the internet " until tjmartineau, on Saturday 20 September 2008 à 18:55:40. I CAN open google on the firefox with an ip address but I CANNOT open anything with a regular address. The other post did not address the DNS issue. I have a weird packets recieved vs sent too : recieved: 2966 sent: 3661. What is wrong with my computer/internet/router/whatever???

Thanks,
Sean

ps: im on the roomates computer right now. (mac)

8 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Updated on Nov 30, 2018 at 12:29 PM
assuming you have Windows - go to START and Run and type in the following commands

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Thanks
thankz its work