Can not open any internet site IE, firefox,

Solved/Closed
Tsio - Jun 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM
 Tsio - Jun 15, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Hello,

Several months ago I clicked on a yellow update icon on my desktop and within seconds the screen went black, and after I shut down and restarted the computer, (HP tower) after which I could not open any internet provider. I verified I was getting an IP address, and able to ping google and other web sites, but the firefox campe up briefly and crashes, and the IE only briefly flashes a part of a screen before disappearing. Can anyone help me to diagnose or figure out this problem?

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 14, 2010 at 11:37 PM
right click on internet explorer icon --->properties--->select advanced tab--> click on reset
then select security tab ---> click on default level and on reset all zones to default level
then select advanced tab---> click on restore advanced settings

or

download malware's anti-malware
https://www.malwarebytes.com/

update it and perform full scan.
Hi Jack 4rall I tried to follow your instructions and the first part went ok, but when I clicked on the security tab, the otpion reset all zones to the default level and defau;lt level are not highlighted, and instead grey... What should I do? I already downloaded and ran malwarebytes and found nothing..
Hi Jack 4rall I tried to follow your instructions and the first part went ok, but when I clicked on the security tab, the otpion reset all zones to the default level and defau;lt level are not highlighted, and instead grey... What should I do? I already downloaded and ran malwarebytes and found nothing..

Thanks Tsiom