Sound not going thru hdmi cable

Closed
bluraynoplay - Jun 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Hello,
I have read many of the posts here and my problem persists. I have a bluray player on a samsung laptop and purchased a new hdmi cable in case the 2year old one was defective. the sound still does not come out of the hdtv,sony bravia. i turned off the speaker s on the laptop and the sound was off. there is no option to change the sound output on the laptop. i fiddled with the tv options and didn't find anything. any other ideas?? its very frustrating. the netflix streaming is the same thing, picture but no sound. guess i better learn to read lips.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM
HDMI sound control is found on the video control panel. I suggest you check there. The video chip manufacturer needed to duplicate the sound hardware so it could work with HDMI. Some early laptops/desktops had HDMI video output but, did not have sound on the HDMI cable.

Good Luck