Black screen after windows loads with mouse

Solved/Closed
alexC - Jun 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 - Aug 22, 2010 at 02:20 AM
Please Help! When i turn my computer on and it loads windows, it goes into a black screen and all i see is a visible mouse. I can't bring up the task manager. I'm using windows media center. Booting with safe mode doesn't seem to work either and i lost my windows disk.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 22, 2010 at 02:11 AM
Dear Sir,

Please log in safe mode and have the problem solved by repairing your system.

Thank you.
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Aug 22, 2010 at 02:20 AM
hi
this usaly happens if sytem boot files are infected or corrupt

if using a desktop pc then remove the hard dirve and fit it on a comp thats working fine restart the system, the system upon boot will rectify ur system files. once started , scan that hard drive with updated anti virus patch files
upon completion shut down ur system, remov the hardrive and refit it to ur original machine, now start ur system.....

should boot normally

if using laptop remove the hardrive and fit it in an external hard drive case and attch it to a sytem via usb scan the drive for virus.. upon completion shut down ur system, remov the hardrive and refit it to ur original machine, now start ur system.....

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai india