Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Connection has timed out - Firefox [Solved/Closed]

Suzanne - Latest answer on Oct 10, 2012 04:07AM
Hello,
I am using Firefox on Windows Vista. When I click on a link from within my credit union's site, I get this message:
Connection has timed out. The server at global1.onlinebank.com is taking too long to respond.
I double-checked to see that Direct internet connection was checked, and it was.
Anybody that can help me please do asap, as I need to pay my bills!
Read more 
Answer
+144
moins plus
I had the same problem with a website i was visiting and finally found what seems like a fix. heres how i did it.

1) go to tools and click options

2) click on the advanced button and then click the network tab

3) then under connections click settings

4) click auto-detect proxy settings for this network.

hope this works for you as it worked for me.

JGab- May 31, 2010 11:08PM
thank you thank you so much it worked for me
R- Jun 23, 2010 04:33AM
Thanks big time !! it works :)
David- Jun 23, 2010 11:51PM
that's awesome - it worked for me too!
mannuel- Jul 8, 2010 07:03AM
hey m using windows7 but it worked 4 me 2... thanks...
j- Oct 10, 2012 04:07AM
it worked for me too thanks a lot
Answer
+35
moins plus
i used to use firefox mozolla and liked it but it suddely stared timing out everytime i used it. i tried rinstalling it but had the same problem. that was months ago. so i thought i wold try again it times out on the installatin now. can you tell me why and can i ever use it again?

Answer
+24
moins plus
I have firefox. Works fine for every website I want to go to, except for the one I need to go to for my emails. IE7 doesn't go to this one site either. Tried all of the above plus a lot of other things. Anyone got any ideas?

Answer
+12
moins plus
The connection problem may be due to a corrupt Winsock2 file. To resolve it, do the following:

Open a command prompt and type: netsh winsock reset and then hit Enter.

The command is documented @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

taz- Dec 23, 2009 08:10AM
well i have a lot of those and was alsowonderingif i could get any help
Answer
+11
moins plus
The site's server may have been too busy to respond at ur need at this time.. Its not a problem from ur computer :) relax

Answer
+10
moins plus
Yeah I've tried that too. I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled the 3.0 version, and I still can't connect to that one site that I want to. I think it's something to do more with the network connection or other configure, but I really don't know what to do exactly for it. If anyone knows, please contact me.

Answer
+9
moins plus
My internet provider said to disconnect the power and two cables from the back of my router. Let it stand for at least one minute, then reconnect.

This worked like a charm. Hope it helps you guys.

Answer
+7
moins plus
recently i have encountered a strange problem on Vista.
firefox suddenly cant connect to the internet while IE 7 can!
Badly needed help

Angelaw- Jul 23, 2008 11:59AM
I have Windows XP. Recently the 3.0.1 update for Firefox downloaded and installed. After that Firefox couldn't see any website. But IE works fine.

I removed FireFox and reinstall just 3.0 and everything works fine again.

I am actually having a similar problem with ITunes. It cannot connect to the internet/find the store. I am starting to wondering what was in the last patch from Microsoft. My "automatic updates" are turned on.
Magpie- Aug 10, 2008 09:10PM
I have similar issues wit Firefox & iTunes on Vista, with an additional problem with AVG updates. Again, IE 7 connects fine to any site, Firefox to none.
I have tried upgrading to Firefox 3 to no avail (admittedlt did not uninstall first). I have tried all as an admin, with the Windows firewall off.
Have you discovered a fix yet?
I'm beginning to agree woith you on the possiblility of this being tied to an MS update.
vmbharathi- Oct 12, 2008 01:19PM
Thanks for this advice. I followed your advice and used to the tool to remove all norton/symamtec products and my internet started working immediately.

I don't what crappy software norton makes..how can they shut off everything on your desktop when you uninstall their product.!!!
Pathetic221- May 4, 2010 11:51AM
i have the same problem.. but with a video game I like to play called Socom Combined Assault, I think there's something wrong with my ethernet cable or something, i don't know..
Answer
+7
moins plus
hi
after my research on web, it seems to be an internal Firefox 3.01 method of opening ssl web sites! if the SSL certification has been timed out,then this ver of Firefox will not allow you to open the web site
as matter of fact the honey Firefox use this disgusting method to make web more safer to us!!!
i have no idia how to do it ok
tnks

Answer
+7
moins plus
I had the same problem with 'connection has timed out'

Tried Firefox and Explorer... both had the problem

If you have to get onto a site then you might try

Hotspot Shield

http://www.hotspotshield.com/

It worked for me.

Answer
+4
moins plus
heyy tahnkss a loadssss.........

my flash gaminf start workin thanks thanks thanks....

Answer
+3
moins plus
I have posted some possible solutions to this problem here:

http://www.dealpond.com/...

Answer
+3
moins plus
the norton removal kit worked!! now both itunes and firefox can access the internet.

Jude- Sep 11, 2009 08:25AM
how did you use the Norton's removal tool?
I'm having the same problem. I've only recently started using firefox, but it seems to have been going on for years.
Regards
Jude
Answer
+3
moins plus
please to me in my site, the server at www.facebook.com is taking too long to respond

Answer
+3
moins plus
i would suggest getting a brand new modem from your ISP...ive been pulling my hair out trying to fix this error for days, and finally resorted to getting another modem ...and i soon as i did my connection has been perfect!!

Answer
+2
moins plus
Worked for me too. Thanks!

Answer
+2
moins plus
I had a problem where IE could connect to the Internet, but all other apps (Firefox, iTunes store, AVG virus update) could not.
Looks like after uninstalling Symantec trial AV (came with PC) using Add/Remove programs/Norton uninstaller traces were left behind casuing the problem. There is an uninstaller on the Symantec website that seems to do a better job. After running this and rebooting all is OK.

Hope this helps.

falcon- Sep 11, 2008 12:31AM
i think that has abosultey nothing to do with this topic.... internet security is 1 thing but thisa is firefox and its a setting issue
DivineAnarchy- Oct 6, 2008 12:38AM
This is definitely a valid suggestion- everyone should try disabling/uninstalling security software
Answer
+2
moins plus
Have doing this?????
Just go to file option and off the Work offline mode....
If it already off then i can't do it for you...
Thank you...

Answer
+2
moins plus
Botched thaaaaaanx , it worked

Answer
+2
moins plus
Your Internet Service Provider is the fault of that error. Contact customer service one you pay your internet service to

1 2 Next
This document entitled « Connection has timed out - Firefox » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.