Deleting .dll and ocx error of corrupt files

Closed
georq - Nov 14, 2008 at 02:52 PM
 Marlon - Oct 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Hello,
I have a list of DLL and OCX errors that are corrupt files or missing. I am trying to delete them and re-download them
to my computer. Is this a good idea? I am average concerning computer knowledge and want to be sure. There
is a COMCATL32.DLL AND A COMCTL32.OCX that says I need permission to delete. I say,"permission from Who"? I am
my computer admin. WHO? would I get permission from? I have 32 such files that are missing or corrupt. THEN,
MY STDOLE2.TLB. The page gives me the instructions of what I should do to download this file, but I hope that I
will be successful doing so.

WELL, that my problem. Would you assist me or give me some encouraging words. LOL
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 15, 2008 at 12:14 PM
NO - it would save your time if you just re-installed Windows.
I encounter this problem also in my vista. Actually I did not solve the problem to delete Ocx and dll files in system32 folder, but I have an alternative solution if you wish to do this like me. I went to windows folder and make my own folder, I download all the dll. and Ocx in that folder, after that i run, run command and register it. For example regsvr32 c:\windows\FolderNameyoumade\nameofDll.dll, Even thought you are not in system32 folder the vista will register it. Take Note: disabled first UAC accounts before you run regsvr32 in run command. if you cannot see a run command just press window flag + letter r. okey goodluck.