Can't get on the internet!

Solved/Closed
kat g - Nov 14, 2008 at 09:37 AM
 Firesaiz - Jul 4, 2017 at 06:47 PM
Hello,

I am having a problam with the internat explorer on my computer. There is a connection as msn messenger works but no matter what I try I cant seem to get the internet. when I try to look at a page I just get "internet explorer cannot display the webpage". I then click diagnose copnnection problems and it tells me that
" windows cannot connect to the in internet using HTTP, HTTPS or FTP, this is probably caused by firewall settings on ur computer.
check firewall settings for the http port 80,https port 443 and ftp port 21"
i cant seem to find out how to check these settings.... can anyone help???
Thankyou!! xx

35 responses

REALLY THANK YOU!!!
You're awesome!!! Thank you so much for your step by step, helpful advice. It worked! You're the bomb.com!!
My Problem was Windows Live OneCare Famely protecction
Gosh, thank you so much for your detailed step-by-step description! Your help made me get back online as well! Your help is much appreciated!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Thanks so much, very clear, and it worked :) haven't reset my computer though yet so hopefully it will work once restarted. Thanks again, it's been broke for like 3 months :(
schradergraphics
Jul 14, 2009 at 02:55 PM
Well, for what it is worth, I ended up uninstalling all of my drivers for my wireless usb, reinstalled them, and wala.
ABSOLUTLY WONDERFUL!!! I had been stuck trying to figure it out for nothing.....but now this step by step
REALLY HELPED !! Thanks so much!
rohit kataria
Oct 13, 2009 at 01:04 AM
Many many thanks to "The Resolve" who responded on May 13 2009. God bless.
OMG thank you so much. I was on the phone today with every provider I can think of and no one could help. Everyone would tell me to call some one else. I googled the error message and this page came up, did everything written and it worked.

Thank you once again for all your help!!!
b.ray.b.right
Dec 6, 2009 at 03:34 PM
Hey this worked. Thanks a million.................
i have a wireless connection and the resolve didnt work.... im going to try and uninstall AVG
I tried those steps and I can get on my homepage(google) and some other websites but most will not come up, it says Internet explorer cannot display page... Does anyone have any further suggestions? Thank You.
it worked, thanks to whoever posted the solution
theladyinthewater
Dec 9, 2009 at 11:57 PM
That was awesome advice. Worked like a charm...Google Popped right up. Thanks "The Resolve"
worked like a charm, Thanks
Thanks sooooo much, you've made my day...I am so happy that I read this thread..If not, i'll be still wasting my time listening to others...Thanks so much again..
rath831 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 14, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2010
Jan 15, 2010 at 03:55 AM
THANX SO MUCH MAN!!!! I HAD A FREAKN HEADACHE BECUS OF THIS PROBLEM
Thanks so much! I usually use Firefox. But I bought an online music course, and then couldn't access it on IE. I sat on hold forever several times with my provider, and hung up in frustration.

Thank you thank you thank you!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 11, 2010 at 05:13 AM
Hello Mememe,

Thank you thank you thank you! For you feedback, it is appreciated for not many do!