I have a similar problem. My brother tried to use a Dell recovery disc in my Gateway laptop, and now using the Gateway recovery disc wont work. All I get is the black screen that says "Sorry for the inconvenievce..." and gives me options for restarting in safe mode, last known good configuration, etc. I have selected boot from the CD rom by pressing F10 during the restart, AND I have also reset my BIOS to automatically boot from the CD, but it will not read.
I also get a flash of the Blue screen of death during restart!
The only way that Windows is able to run is in safe mode. When I do this, I have also tried to manually get the disc to run both by using the RUN function, and by opening the drive in my computer, in Safe Mode. I then only get a list of folders and files that are on the disc, but I cant open them or play the disc.
I have also tried safemode with command and tried to enter run there, but it just wont. I have no idea what else to do PLEASE HELP!!!!
- Wont read recovery disc - Gateway
- Computer Won't Read Recovery Disc (Solved) » Forum - Recovery software
- Restore to factory setting with a gateway (Solved) » Forum - Windows
- My Gateway Windows HD 1080p DVD driver won't read any discs. » Forum - Hard drive
- PS3 won't read games or other discs » How-To - PS3
- Toshiba Laptop - Reset to factory settings » How-To - Laptop computer
Take it to a repair shop and have them re-install Windows (using your COA key). The recovery disks make use of a hidden hard drive partition which holds the REAL Windows install programs. The Dell recovery attempt may have damaged or deleted files that the Gateway recovery uses.