Not able to send mail from the Gmail outlook

Solved
Jasi - Updated on Mar 27, 2018 at 12:02 PM
 Chetan - Jun 22, 2019 at 01:41 AM
Hello,

I had configured Gmail in Outlook 2007. I am able to recieve all the mails. But the problem is not able to send mail from outlook. I had given smtp server and port everything as the correct one. And also all the mails( I means my send items, inbox items)everything is downloading to the outlook inbox itself. Can anyone help t download seperately in outlook..and also pls help to send mail from outlook.
Related:

19 responses

Well guys, I got it working. :)

Check the checkbox "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" in "Outgoing Server" tab and use the same authentication as it's for the incoming server (use the radio button there).

So please do it and happy emailing. :D

Cheers.

EDIT: I as well had the same problem using two seperate gmail accounts through Outlook 2007. However, this was fixed by changing the recommended Outgoing SMTP port from 465 to 587. Issue resolved.
Sorry...forgot to mention that I used 587 (in stead of 465) as SMTP port. But still I think 465 would have done fine. You may try... :)
marni > Nilanjan
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:55 AM
just wanted to thank you so much for that recommendation in changing the outgoing port to 587 it made it work perfectly!

brilliant :)