Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

My new computer does NOT recognize my printer [Solved]

Yaya - Latest answer on Aug 12, 2010 03:10AM
Hello,
I just bought a new computer with Wndows Vista. I have a HP Laserjet 1200 seires printer that my computer cannot seem to recognize. The printer was given to me....worked well with my very old compueter (?)....so I don't have a disc to intall it to my new computer. I'm not very computer savyy and don't know what to do. Any suggestions out there?
Read more 
Answer
+27
moins plus
i have that problem and went to the printer web site and downloaded it from there
Add comment
Answer
+12
moins plus
I have a acer lap top that dont recognize my dell printer
Add comment
Answer
+10
moins plus
I have a LaserJet 1200 that works just fine with Vista. Go to this site and download the PCL5 driver. Then install it and plug in the printer.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/...
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
go to windows update fist conct printer with pc and start update its automatic downoad ur printer in windows 7. but in win vista . go to this hp.com and download printer driver
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
You will most likely need the disc to install software, Most HP company update their firmware and drivers with the IP Address given.
Add comment
This document entitled « My new computer does NOT recognize my printer » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.