Can't install/download itunes

Solved/Closed
Bosco - Nov 9, 2008 at 09:54 AM
 haliej - Feb 27, 2013 at 08:40 AM
Hello,
I have a new HP 505 Touchsmart running Vista 64 bit. I cannot seem to download and install ITunes 8 from the Apple webpage. It says downloading, but then it sits at 0% for about 40 minuts, and then times out. Any ideas??
Thanks
Related:

45 responses

dark magician master
Dec 27, 2008 at 07:31 PM
I try to download itunes on an windows 2000. I can't even download. I just got a new ipod touch and I can't even use it. what does a guy gotta do to get downloads for old computers. this sucks yo. what kind of people make computers and can't let people have new downloads for real old computers yo.
I'm having the same problem. I just got an ipod touch for christmas and I've been trying for 3 days now to download i-tunes. it says its downloaded but theres nothing there. then it says quicktime player isnt installed and yet I have the icon for it. I hope someone comes up with a solution quick
did you ever get this to download and work? just got one and cant do anything on windows 2000
Sometimes it matter what type of computer you have like mine is a vpr Matrix. The type of service that you get from the internet counts too. I hope that helps you.
Itunes just will not work. It uploaded 7 fine. But that wont run my ipod. Any other more recent ones will NOT work. The green downloading bar always gets to a certain percentage per edition of itunes then wont budge anymore. Its really annoying and apple and microsoft are well out of order for this. People spend so much money on ipods and everything else just to end up not being able to use them. I'd rather get a refund and buy a standard Mp3 player seeing as everything about Apple is a let down. Everyone whos ipod doesnt work should be entitled to a refund or they should at least fix the error. So unfair. How do you complain to Apple, not via phone call??
Hi Bembly, :D

Go on to the first page and follow my Mozilla Firefox method. It really works. :)

Reply if it works :)

Sami :)
alanealane > Sami
Mar 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM
For Vista users, go to your Music folder, and DELETE the iTunes folder. It contains library files (extension .itl) that are not deleted automatically when you uninstall a version of itunes, yet it can prevent the program from reinstalling properly. I deleted this folder, and then my install worked perfectly. I'm back in business!!

Hope this helps!!
Hey guys it's me miley cyrus and I just wanted to say that you need to go to www.iTunes.com and hook up your USB cord/charger to iTunes and click download now. It should start automatically. Make sure that your iPod in on the cord (hooked up) turn it on and on and press the arrow/button to "slide to unlock" and you should end up at the home page.(I'm using my iPod right now)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i have the same problem to I just asked my brother and he did it straight away lol
my advice would be ask sum1 or read the instuctions
sophiexxxx