Error Code windows\systems32\config\system

Closed
laura - Nov 6, 2008 at 12:40 PM
 azeem baba. md - Oct 15, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Hello,
I can't give u my email because I can't even get into my computer. It starts w/a black screen tells me to hit escape or delete than i get the above error code tells me to re-enter the windows xp disc hit r to reinstall and when I hit r it goes back to the beginning. I have no clue what to do. A blue screen also comes up with things to do and asks to hit Y or n and no matter what I choose it goes back to the beginning. It doesn't even let me input the disc info. I have run out of options and get more frusterated as the more I try this. I would appreciate it if someone could call me on my cellphone because I do have dial up (I know its old, but we live out in never land). My cell # is 603-767-6941. I can be reached at my home in New Hampshire about 8pm/ If this is to late, someone could leave a message on my answer machine and I could call someone back. Please help me if possible. Thank you for everything.
~Laura Hobbs, New Durham, New Hampshire
Related:

4 responses

My son's computer just had the same problem and here is how I fixed it. Find your original Windows install disk and put it in the CD drive. If your system is like his, this won't help at all. Next re-boot the machine while holding the F2 key down. This should take you to the ROM setting screen. You need to change the Boot Drives so that the machine will try to boot from the CD drive first.

On his machine, after re-boot the screen says push any key to boot from CD and it gives you only 10 seconds to do it. When you succeed in booting the CD, it looks like it is going to install Windows. After loading an amazing amount of "stuff" a menu comes up and says to press "r" to attempt to repair the drive. Pressing "r" takes you to a list of available operating systems. I chose "C:\Windows" and then it came back with a DOS prompt of "C:\Windows>".

I just typed "exit" and hit enter. Now while the machine is rebooting remove the CD from the drive and everything is fixed. For extra points, re-boot again while holding F2 and change the order of the boot drives back to normal.

The hard part for my son was finding his original Windows disk.

BTW - this was a Win XP system.
Hi,
My computer is not starting up and i think it is missing the boot drive... it is doing the same thing talked about except no screen comes up at all it just remains black. It runs onn Windows Xp but when i tried your method of putting in the program CD but then i got lost when you said "re-boot the machine while holding down the F2 button" i wasn't exactly sure what you meant by re-boot so if you can please e-mail me at Rob.6@hotmail.com and please explain.

Thanks a lot.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > EeZeE
Jan 5, 2009 at 04:29 PM
Holding down the F2 key when starting the computer will take you to the BIOS screen or allow you to change the boot order so that the computer will boot from the CD-ROM drive. Some computers (like Dell) require you to press F8 while others want you to press the Del key during the boot process and then change the "boot order" in the BIOS.

If you have a blank screen on start-up this method will probably NOT WORK. A total blank screen is an indication of hardware problems with the power supply or motherboard.
Thanks so much for your post. I was prepared to do a reinstall on my sister's computer which meant hours of re-downloading windows updates on slow dialup. I didn't think this would work, but it did! Again...Thank you.
Hi ,
Can u tell me about window related error's. Becoz i am facing also window related problem.
LordThomas Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2009
Jan 19, 2009 at 04:34 PM
well you can try to boot from a windows XP cd and when it asks you to push enter for the setup and R to repair, you push R.Then it comes to a DOS window and counts some seconds and it shows you your windows setup and the number 1 at the beginning. you push 1 and enter.Then it asks for a administrator if you haven't set one you leave it blank and push enter.Next you write fixboot and push enter.at the question you write y (just y from yes) and enter.
It writes a new boot sector.At last you write chkdsk /p and enter and it starts a checkdisk process.If you don't remember them just write help.Finally write exit and reboot the pc.Make a wish to be fixed!!!
There is a tool ERD Commander 2007 or 2005 that gives you the opportunity to recover your system.
azeem baba. md
Oct 15, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Blue screen errors when loading xp AND it is asking to remove any newly installed hard drive, and also saying to chkdsk /f
what i have to do pls reply me
my e-mail id is azeem.baba9@gmail.com
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 6, 2008 at 01:31 PM
Take it to a repair shop. You need to fix/re-install Windows and/or install a new hard disk.